1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I got the lift found here
http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacocart.html#0507tacoliftkits
Second one down, Part # OME3-05-AL, 3” Lift Coil Kit with AAL

Is this the Toytec kit some of you guys are running. I went to a local shop here and the OME coil 1.75 " I think was super expensive
anyways could this be true ? this whole kit from Toytec for only $ 299.98 ?

Before I order I wanted to confirm with you guys that this is a good kit because I will be adding a ARB and winch to this.

Ps . anything else on that web page i should add to the order
ie longer rear shocks, longer rear brake lines, front differential drop kit ect ??

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
if you get rear shocks you'll need the new rear brake lines, the diff drop has been seen to be unnneeded to some.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will get the rear shocks as Ive always been of that school. But comming from a Jeep background I wasnt sure.

BTW 06reg4x4 when I put the ARB on Ill have my oem fog lights leftover, where do you live?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an 06 DC 4x4 and I put the same lift some time back - works great! Now I wish I had 6"!!! Bigger is better. Anyways - these guys have great customer service and the install was inexpensive too. I even asked for some stikers and they sent me a few different ones.

Great ride - even better actually - blocks suck and the OME springs are perfect. As happy as I am going to get with a 3" lift - $600+- whole deal.

Just ordered ProComp 6189 17x9 and ProComp Extreme Mud Terrain 285/70/17. I can't wait to see the whole package...........

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
if you get rear shocks you'll need the new rear brake lines, the diff drop has been seen to be unnneeded to some.
Don't need the new brake lines. Just fab a spacer to go under the brake line bracket at the axle tube.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think I will get the rear shocks as Ive always been of that school. But comming from a Jeep background I wasnt sure.

BTW 06reg4x4 when I put the ARB on Ill have my oem fog lights leftover, where do you live?
baltimore maryland.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Ok so I got the lift found here
http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacocart.html#0507tacoliftkits
Second one down, Part # OME3-05-AL, 3” Lift Coil Kit with AAL

Is this the Toytec kit some of you guys are running. I went to a local shop here and the OME coil 1.75 " I think was super expensive
anyways could this be true ? this whole kit from Toytec for only $ 299.98 ?

Before I order I wanted to confirm with you guys that this is a good kit because I will be adding a ARB and winch to this.

Ps . anything else on that web page i should add to the order
ie longer rear shocks, longer rear brake lines, front differential drop kit ect ??

Thanks for your help :)
If you definitely want to cram a spacer in an OME spring, you should talk to Doug instead of taking a lift survey. He will be sure to sell you everything you need.

If you would like knowledgeable information about OME suspensions you should talk to Jacque at TRDParts4U (1-866-233-4305).

In fact, his truck is set up much like you want...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jmulty thanks for the feedback, cant wait to see what it looks like

I think shipping to Maryland would make it un-worthwhile for the lights... sorry.

Ill hunt those guys down and order the lift ;)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Like was previously posted, talk to Jacque or Doug about your plans, and get a recommendation. If your plans include a bumper and winch, you should consider the 886 coils. Higher spring rate will hold the extra weight of your accessories better. The 885's would do "ok", but will probably sag a bit more over time.

I added the N140S (front) and N182's in the rear, and it makes a nice difference in ride quality (still firm, but more controlled than the TRD's). Worth the extra investment if you're going the OME route.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jacket for the info on the N140S (front) and N182's in the rear!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just had installed today the Toytec kit with 884 coils/top spacer and the Alcan AAL on my 07 Double Cab. I opted for the 884 coils for a softer ride. It rides GREAT and I can hardly tell the difference from stock. No vibrations (yet). A local ship installed it in three hours at $50/hour for a total of $150. I'm hapy with it.

By the way, I was scared my 265/75 Firestone AT's would look tiny, but the Toytec lift looks terrific with that size tire.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I just had installed today the Toytec kit with 884 coils/top spacer and the Alcan AAL on my 07 Double Cab. I opted for the 884 coils for a softer ride. It rides GREAT and I can hardly tell the difference from stock. No vibrations (yet). A local ship installed it in three hours at $50/hour for a total of $150. I'm hapy with it.

By the way, I was scared my 265/75 Firestone AT's would look tiny, but the Toytec lift looks terrific with that size tire.
PICS?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4 Posts
they recomend 885 coils for the dbl cab the 884 have been reported to sag alittle I have the 885 coils with the leaf kit no diff drop with the shims and carrier bearing drop kit and it does not seem to be a stiff ride to me. as far a price its great if you dont want to drop over 1000 for 3" inches.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bump again for ToyTec. I know the owner from the Colorado Chapter and he is an honest genuine person.

I currently do not have a lift as I need to save for a new 3.4L engine, but will get a ToyTec lift when the time is right.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info guys, I sent an email to Toytec and will post the response as soon as I find out some stuff.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Don't need the new brake lines. Just fab a spacer to go under the brake line bracket at the axle tube.
I notice and have read you talk about your dakars, just wondering if you used this spacer to relocate your brake line for your truck also.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm going to be installing my dakars in the next few weeks and don't want to pay for new brake lines and was wondering if you have any pictures of the bracket you fabbed.

You also removed one of the overloads correct? I will not be removing mine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I emailed the Tech fella's at Toytec and this was my Question

I am inquiring about the lift on your website http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacocart.html#0507tacoliftkits part # OME3-05-AL.

I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double cab short box Manual 6 speed. Before I order the lift I have a few questions:

Will I need to extend my rear brake lines with this lift?

This was the answer:

You do not need the rear brake lines. The kit contents are listed in the description, many add other items like shocks, shims, and carrier drop kits but the kit alone is all you will have to have for a lift.

They replied almost immediatly and through what other members have said about them I will most definetly be ordering through these guys :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I notice and have read you talk about your dakars, just wondering if you used this spacer to relocate your brake line for your truck also.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm going to be installing my dakars in the next few weeks and don't want to pay for new brake lines and was wondering if you have any pictures of the bracket you fabbed.

You also removed one of the overloads correct? I will not be removing mine.
Here's the pic of my spacer. I just gently bent the lines a tad more vertical and welded a 1.5 inch tab between the original bracket and the axle mount. Sorry for the poor quality pic, but I'm sure you get the idea. Yes, I did remove the second OL leaf and I like the ride and the droop. I just did a post in suspension tech regarding this install. Any reason why you want to keep the second OL?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts