TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a shop that does long travel in Oregon or Washington. I'm looking into going LT on my '98 tacoma. I can handle the front, and I've got a body guy to do the glass.

Specifically I'm looking for someone to do a long-travel rear retaining the stock bed. Its well beyond my fab abilities.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then maybe I misunderstand something. If I use a total chaos kit in the front, that's all bolt on. But doesn't the rear require adding a new crossmember to relocate the shocks? Basically what I'm trying to get across is that if it involves welding, I can't do it, nor do I have a buddy that can do it on the cheap.

If there's a bolt on kit for the rear that gets me the travel, I was unaware of it.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Aurelius said:
Then maybe I misunderstand something. If I use a total chaos kit in the front, that's all bolt on. But doesn't the rear require adding a new crossmember to relocate the shocks? Basically what I'm trying to get across is that if it involves welding, I can't do it, nor do I have a buddy that can do it on the cheap.

If there's a bolt on kit for the rear that gets me the travel, I was unaware of it.
you don't have to weld in a new cross member. The Camburg taco didn't have a new welded in cross member until i started weldin on it. Me and austin tackled it in 2 nights. But because we didn't check one bolt... he is back to the original shock location. I got tons of pics of our late night build up if ya wanna scope it out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I could get by with using grade 8 bolt and a big-ass washer. I realize now that's a bad idea. But I'm also not planning to jump this bad boy, so the straps will probably never be shock stressed. I want to go long travel because it is, IMHO, a better riding alternative to an SAS for a daily driver. I think SAS trucks ride rough as shit, and 13"-15" of travel on 33's is plenty for anything I ever do.

Yes, TLT is in Oregon. This whole idea in my head started when I read their article on doing an under-bed long travel on an 89 4runner and currently developing a kit for tacoma's. But TLT is not a shop, they design only. Last I heard they had not licensed the kit to anybody yet.

So, I guess the question has become, where is a good shop in Oregon or Washington that can do long travel on a tacoma?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts