TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I posted a lift question but thought i'd hit one here too and see what all te people with the 05+ say if they don't go to any other threads or w/e they are called.

Anyways I'm looking for some rear leafs to buy this summer for my truck (signature). Anyways I do some pulling, 4x4, and every day driving. I would like to get about 2+ inches out of them to level out the saw's I'll prolly be getting. When I pull though I'd like to not sagg a lot either but I don't want them soo stiff that they sux balls when I'm off roading trying to get good flex. Anyways I was thinking about the allpro, deaver, and dakars.

I've heard the deavers suck for pulling and they only give you about 1 inch of left.

The dakar's on the other hand I'm not too familar about. They are OEM leafs and I was told give 2 inches about and have 2 over load leafs + 3 reg leafs.

All-pro just cause they are cheap kinda lol and I can get everything in a bundle if I wanted..

Anyways I'f you'd shed some light on what you think I should get or give me some more opinions about each leafs individually or even suggest a new leaf.

The fourwheeling I will do after the new wears off my truck will be mostly slow rock crawling, lots of flex, going through ditch like things kinda stuff you see in east Tn.

But I'd like a good ride on the road and plan to run slightly sligtly bigger tires than stock.. Thanks alot for the info.. Just want to get it right the first time you know how it goes. esp on my bran new truck lol, thats why I'm making sure with you pros lol.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
The Dakar springs are a good all around spring, they are made for ride quality and load carrying capability. They will work well offroad also, but will not flex like a Custom spring made just for wheelin'. :2cents:

I run Dakar's on my trail truck as well as my dd.

& I know where to get the best price on 'em ;)

Jacque

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The_Parts_Guy said:
The Dakar springs are a good all around spring, they are made for ride quality and load carrying capability. They will work well offroad also, but will not flex like a Custom spring made just for wheelin'. :2cents:
I run Dakar's on my trail truck as well as my dd.
& I know where to get the best price on 'em ;)
acque
How much are they about for my 07? and what about after they settle, how much lift am I looking at then?

Well what if I Don't pull alot then maybe just a dirtbike in the back everynow and then? Would the deaver's hold up?

I doubt I'll be pulling anything REALLY heavy. Jetskie, maybe 12" trailer with cut down trees or a Z-machine or dirtbikes..

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Getting ready to put a new set of Dakars on my 05. Don't know how they will ride, but I have heard good things about them. They will lift the back 2.75, or 2.25 if you take out the second overload spring, which I intend to do. I am told that they handle a good towing/bed load. I'll get back to you after my Tahoe trip, should have a better idea by then.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mojavegold said:
Getting ready to put a new set of Dakars on my 05. Don't know how they will ride, but I have heard good things about them. They will lift the back 2.75, or 2.25 if you take out the second overload spring, which I intend to do. I am told that they handle a good towing/bed load. I'll get back to you after my Tahoe trip, should have a better idea by then.
Sounds like a plan to me haha.. Anyways what about anyothers that have new leafs on their trucks they like or dislike?

·
Registered
53 Posts
DAKAR Group buy over at TN

Just thought you should know that there's been a DAKAR group buy going on over @ toyotanation. We're currently placing orders so if you're interested you better get a move on it. I just got the call that my order has been placed and should be shipping in the next couple days. :)
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t180412.html

2 - OME Dakar CS047R leaf spring packs
4 - U bolts w/ nuts, etc.
8 - Bushings
1 - OME carrier bearing spacer kit

2 - OME N182 rear shocks (optional)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much? They won't say on there?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I looked into it - unless the price has dropped you can get them cheaper elsewhere. Check out Wheelers Off Road for the best deal (that I can find.)

I plan on going with Donahoe CO's with Donahoe UCA's, Donahoe Rear Reservoir Shocks and the Dakars (minus overload spring)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
City_Rider said:
I looked into it - unless the price has dropped you can get them cheaper elsewhere. Check out Wheelers Off Road for the best deal (that I can find.)

I plan on going with Donahoe CO's with Donahoe UCA's, Donahoe Rear Reservoir Shocks and the Dakars (minus overload spring)
Wheeler's was $450 + shipping, that included the u-bolts and bushing kit. The Dakar group buy was cheaper.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may try to jump on that group buy...but how often does the group buy happen? And I'm still deciding if the dakar's are the way to go.. how good are they
off road again?

·
Registered
750 Posts
mojavegold said:
Wheeler's was $450 + shipping, that included the u-bolts and bushing kit. The Dakar group buy was cheaper.
Perhaps it wasn't Wheelers... this was a second site recommended.

I was quoted:

$369 without shocks
$507 with shocks

in the group buy - I checked out Toyota Off Road Parts and found them for $ 358.36 w/o shocks

Plus shipping in both cases.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
City_Rider said:
Perhaps it wasn't Wheelers... this was a second site recommended.

I was quoted:

$369 without shocks
$507 with shocks

in the group buy - I checked out Toyota Off Road Parts and found them for $ 358.36 w/o shocks

Plus shipping in both cases.
Where quoted you 369?

·
Registered
46 Posts
anybody have a install how-to for these CS047R leafs .. I have used search
in several places including google with little luck. So far all I know is the
+ is forward. Any tips or info for install would be great. I got the
group buy kit.

thanks in advance

--tmoore :saw:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
has anybody taken out one of the overload leafs in the dakars?
I took the second OL out of my dakars. The ride is good. When you take the OL out, you have to put a couple washers under the center pin nut to get it tight enough to compress the spring before install. If you don't get it tight, the spring pack will squirm around when the u-bolts loosen up. :2cents:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts