TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
To my knowledge - the kit includes new shafts & outer CV's because the ADD outer CV's & Shafts are different than the Manual hub outers & shafts-
The only thing shared between the 2 would be the inner CV

Basically if you have manual Hubs or convert to Manual hubs- The ADD shafts & Outer CV joints are useless to you as spares with the exception of the inner CVjoint/tripods

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
the ADD and Manual Hub axels are different. The ADD ones have a threaded portion on the end for a nut whereas the manual ones do not. So you cant use an ADD shaft on a Manual Hub setup. But, if you do the conversion, you could easily sell them for the price of buying either a new one for a spare or maybe 2 used manual hub axels.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
grillmasterp said:
To my knowledge - the kit includes new shafts & outer CV's because the ADD outer CV's & Shafts are different than the Manual hub outers & shafts-
The only thing shared between the 2 would be the inner CV

Basically if you have manual Hubs or convert to Manual hubs- The ADD shafts & Outer CV joints are useless to you as spares with the exception of the inner CVjoint/tripods
I wanted to reply saying that as well but I wasn't sure if he meant stock manual hub CV and axles.

What do they do with that kit that you don't need to get the spindles from a manual hub taco? I changed mine out with all stock stuff, Aisin hubs, off of a '00 that had manual hubs and was told I needed the spindles as well. I don't see that they have spindles in their kit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Matt said:
IWhat do they do with that kit that you don't need to get the spindles from a manual hub taco? I changed mine out with all stock stuff, Aisin hubs, off of a '00 that had manual hubs and was told I needed the spindles as well. I don't see that they have spindles in their kit.
You have to remove the old hub from your old spindle with the ORS kit. You can reuse the old knuckle (spindle) because they are the same. Buying salvage parts lets you skip the hassle of pressing out the old hub when you buy the whole thing assembled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts