• oregonttora.net

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
looking at the logo on the top of this page its "ottora"... so I would say ottora.com to match that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even though logo states "ottora" it does not identify Oregon TTORA. The State abbreviation is OR, the site should read "orttora". Someone attempting a google search would use the standard State abbreviation OR not O. I voted for "orttora.com".

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whatever domain name we chose, it should show up in a google search of "ottora", "oregon ttora", or "orttora".

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess the bottom line is really about identity, which decal would let other off roaders know what chapter of TTORA you represent, OTTORA or ORTTORA. Traditionally, every chapter in the national TTORA directory uses the two letter state abbreviation to identify that chapter. Does our chapter really want to break tradition?

OTTORA says as much about our chapter as would a chapter named ITTORA or NTTORA. What states are really represented? Oregon, Ohio or Oklahoma? Iowa, Indiana or Illinois?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As long as I can remember I've always called it OTTORA, even though ORTTORA is technically more correct I guess. We can always get both domain names later, but I think for now I'll just get ottora.com. I can add it to my current web hosting for free, I just have to buy the domain name.

·
Registered
623 Posts
gemini97424 said:
I guess the bottom line is really about identity, which decal would let other off roaders know what chapter of TTORA you represent, OTTORA or ORTTORA. Traditionally, every chapter in the national TTORA directory uses the two letter state abbreviation to identify that chapter. Does our chapter really want to break tradition?

OTTORA says as much about our chapter as would a chapter named ITTORA or NTTORA. What states are really represented? Oregon, Ohio or Oklahoma? Iowa, Indiana or Illinois?

hey chad, i found that kid and this is what he says... :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
well if yall want to keep the tradition then do it. i know a few things bout it. tho to tell ya, id rather not get confused for someone that wheels in Okla.

·
Registered
623 Posts
mile9SoCounty said:
well if yall want to keep the tradition then do it. i know a few things bout it. tho to tell ya, id rather not get confused for someone that wheels in Okla.
well if you know so much you would notice that ohio is ohttora and oklahoma doesn't even have a chapter board yogi... we have had this conversation about orttora and ottora before with stickers and ottora won then...

·
Registered
552 Posts
if' you're wheeling at tsf, around bend, southern oregon, and someone see's OTTORA.. most likly they will believe that you are from Oregon... and that you didnt' drive from ohio.

the only reason ORTTORA would make a difference is if you drove to moab or the national takeover. So for 99.9% of the time, since you're wheeling in oregon, its pretty self explanitory.

·
Registered
552 Posts
looks good! I like it better than the last one. It would be nice if the forum could be apart of that site and not be attached to ttora.com. Lets get the picture galary up and goin too, that will be a nice addition.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I need to get some pictures uploaded. It's free to register if anyone wants their own album under the "Your Rides" album. Make sure you PM me or I might not ever activate it. I can also give people access to the "4wheeling Trips" album if anyone wants to upload their own pictures to fill in the past events, or even for future events.

As for integrating the forum into the website I have mixed feelings about that. The forum has already been well established here and I don't see any NEED to change it. When we were on the free delphi forum we needed to change, and I think this has worked well. It would be nice to have more control over the forum, but this works and I'd hate to change it for the worse.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Eventho I have no clue what the old site looks like. The new one is awesome. And yes yall are right about the ottora sticker. my apologizes, sometimes i aint the smartest in my small world. i just cant wait til i get home and hopefully go on a few runz with yall.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts