TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to remove the overload spring on the rear of my 95 taco and put a one inch block in its place. Also, I have 2.5 inch AAL's. How would that affect the flex in the rear? Would it throw off my pinion angle too much? Just wondering if anyone has run into this or tried it?
Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
WILD YOTE said:
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to remove the overload spring on the rear of my 95 taco and put a one inch block in its place. Also, I have 2.5 inch AAL's. How would that affect the flex in the rear? Would it throw off my pinion angle too much? Just wondering if anyone has run into this or tried it?
Thanks!!
I imagine it will allow the spring pack to flex more, although it will make it easier for the springs to become 'S' shaped. I'm running Chevy springs, I cut off the rear half of the overload and left the front to help with axle wrap problems.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I am running the 63" chevy springs. But anyways you really only use the overload when hauling. It also reduces axle wrap to a minimum. I just recently took out my overload, chopped it to the length of my spring perch and reinstalled it. Now it is just like a 3/4" solid block. But unlike a block it is solid steel and also still part of the leaf pack via a new center pin. With the aal installed you have beefed up your leaf pack. You should have no problems without the overload. You will gain tuck also.

Trent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts