TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question what is the largest amount of hours have you worked in one week that where overtime.

I work a partime job and got 46 hours of over time to bad i only make 7$an hour fuck i need a better job.

·
Registered
224 Posts
what the hell do you do? Isnt it illegal to work over 40 hours a week and still be considered part- time

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
ive worked 80hrs in a week, and im considered part time. but im only making 9 and im a manager, wtf?

...and might i add i only did that once, and i never plan on doing it again ;) although the paycheck was quite nice

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gregers05 said:
ive worked 80hrs in a week, and im considered part time. but im only making 9 and im a manager, wtf?

...and might i add i only did that once, and i never plan on doing it again ;) although the paycheck was quite nice
lol still 7bucks wtf

·
Registered
224 Posts
My longest shift was over 24 hours, 8 regular time and over 16 double time. Plus I get paid for meals. You guys need to join a union!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You guys shoulda been welders. I started out making $15/hr, plus i make another $7/hr tax free since i work more than 25 miles away. I put 2 peices of pipe on a spinner and stick weld pipes together to make collars so we can move our oil on the pipelines:) i love Bi-Con. multiply that by a garunteed 40/hr week, and you get $880 gross per week. And if you work saturdays and sunday its time and a half. Its a great bussiness. We supply all of the giant oil tanks you see at refineries for the shell company. In a couple of years ill be 21 years old and i think i might by a welding rig and work in the feild for them. If you buy your own truck you get paid an extra 12/hr for your truck and supplies. That could be a minimum of $1360 a week. Ill be like a tcoa for each day of the week:)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What state? It may vary from the type of business, and whether or not you signed a waiver when you got hired saying you could work overtime without getting time.5 pay.

In CA (I always reread over the OT and 2x rules) if you work over 8 hours in a given day, 12 am t0 11:59pm, you get over time for every hour after. If you go over 12 hours in a given day you get double-time for every hour after. If you work over 40 hours in a given week, as in Sunday through Sat night, you get paid over time for all time over 40 hours. If you work all 7 days in a given week and surpass the 40 hour mark, the 7th day is all double time after 40 hours. BUT a given week, I recall, is Sun-Sat, not Wed through Wed. So you can work up to 12 days in a row without any pay variation -in this aspect-.

I am pretty sure those are good through 05, as that was the date on the poster and should be pretty accurate.

EDIT: So you worked a avg of 12hrs a day every day of the week?

·
Registered
843 Posts
dont talk about :mad: unions :mad: or youll end up like jimmy hoffa :eek:

ive worked a couple 80 hour weeks, if ya want more that 40 hours now a days you gotta get two jobs companys dont like to pay overtime
when i was younger i had a job at costco they pay awesome but you had to trick them into letting you stay long enough for overtime

·
Registered
224 Posts
TACODOC said:
overtime pay is over-rated since the tax man bones you even harder the more you work :2cents:
all you have to do is put your money in a pre-tax 401k and they cant touch it... until later

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
dude I work 10-12hr min a day and still only get payed 80 bucks for the day :mad: I work 6 days a fuckin week. I NEED A NEW JOB :mad:
Only work 8... then leave for the day!! they can't keep you there! :)

Plus... they have to pay you by law for the extra time that you work!!

You need to tell Jesse Jackson, or Johnny Cochran!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
dude I work 10-12hr min a day and still only get payed 80 bucks for the day :mad: I work 6 days a fuckin week. I NEED A NEW JOB :mad:

yuo should be getting more now, they just raised the CA min wage

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
as for overtime it depends on how you work... i am a part time non union employee of fedex express... well during peak i was working 52 hour weeks.... some weeks, i was paids like 37 hours of regular time and 15 hours of overtime, other weeks i got 40 hours straight pay with the rest overtime..... if you work more than 8 hours a day they have to pay overtime, unless you dont go over 40 that week and then they can basically screw you and just pay you straight time

·
Registered
46 Posts
i fight fire and i have been on many 14 day roles where ive worked 16 hour days for two weeks straight with no days off. get 8 hours of over time every day and 16 hours of over time for my normal days off. a total of 224 hours in two weeks. the check is definately worth it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
31 Participants
TacoCrazy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing