TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Ox make a locker for the 8" Taco diff?

Oh, and a correct response would be: "yes" or "no".

A useless (spam) response would be "man, not another gawd-damn locker post".

Or "did you do a search"?
 

·
Big tars, little bed.
Joined
·
8,407 Posts
97TacoDude said:
Does Ox make a locker for the 8" Taco diff?

Oh, and a correct response would be: "yes" or "no".

A useless (spam) response would be "man, not another gawd-damn locker post".

Or "did you do a search"?
Or did you use common sense? :D just bustin yer balls. The OX only works on axle housings that have a removeable cover. It will not work on axles that use 3rd members or drop-outs.

So the simple answer is no.
 

·
Big tars, little bed.
Joined
·
8,407 Posts
ah64id said:
If its a cable locker you want you can get a cable acuator for the elocker from downey....
That'd be interesting to see if that would work, but first they gotta make a locker for the Tacoma. And then it would only be useable on TRD housings. it's an idea though. I doubt they'd be interested though.

And in case you give two shits :D I actually like the concept of the cable lockers, no air lines, no electricity. yet the cable can seize in some instances. Thats why I dont get into the "which activation method is better for selectable lockers" arguement, as all can fail to engage from one circumstance or another. None are fail proof.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,267 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
That'd be interesting to see if that would work, but first they gotta make a locker for the Tacoma. And then it would only be useable on TRD housings. it's an idea though. I doubt they'd be interested though.

And in case you give two shits :D I actually like the concept of the cable lockers, no air lines, no electricity. yet the cable can seize in some instances. Thats why I dont get into the "which activation method is better for selectable lockers" arguement, as all can fail to engage from one circumstance or another. None are fail proof.
The cable kit that Downey offers is a replacement to the electric actuator that comes with the TRD locker.
http://www.downeyoff-road.com/ChassisComponents/Lockers.html
(scroll to the bottom)
 

·
Big tars, little bed.
Joined
·
8,407 Posts
ShowStop said:
The cable kit that Downey offers is a replacement to the electric actuator that comes with the TRD locker.
http://www.downeyoff-road.com/ChassisComponents/Lockers.html
(scroll to the bottom)
yes I know what it is and what it does. But if there were an OX locker available for the TRD rear in existance, would the downey cable conversion work with the OX, that is the question. Just curiosity. Not that anyone would go to the trouble of replacing the TRD locker with an OX.

I assume its possible. What isnt? Did that make sense? Or have I missed something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
yes I know what it is and what it does. But if there were an OX locker available for the TRD rear in existance, would the downey cable conversion work with the OX, that is the question. Just curiosity. Not that anyone would go to the trouble of replacing the TRD locker with an OX.

I assume its possible. What isnt? Did that make sense? Or have I missed something?
Since its not made for the taco, no it wouldnt work.... seems like a odd question... if this fictional part were made would it work this part made for another part....
 

·
Big tars, little bed.
Joined
·
8,407 Posts
All you'd have to do is look at the Downey cable and the OX locker and figure out if they'd work together. Unfortunately I have neither in front of me.

No, an OX doesnt exist for Toyotas. It was a thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
All you'd have to do is look at the Downey cable and the OX locker and figure out if they'd work together. Unfortunately I have neither in front of me.

No, an OX doesnt exist for Toyotas. It was a thought.

The OX uses a shift fork on the "cover" side, where the TRD accuator is on the pinon side, so no even if it were available it wouldnt work.
 

·
Big tars, little bed.
Joined
·
8,407 Posts
I think you're right on that. Ok Im done speculating about something that doesnt exist. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
even if they had one, you dont want one...unless you like problematic units in your axle....JUNK! I would do ARB or detroit (I know not selectable) besides you already have the trd

jason
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top