TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a few install article about the OX locker and it seems like a good deal! You get a super tough diff cover with it that would cost you $200 from crane- and the whole locker kit is $750. An arb is $720 ish plus a compressor and then you would have to get a crane diff cover; so ARB with the stuff the OX has would be $1120 and an OX is $750... Seems like a good deal, unless it's crap...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Tacominator said:
I read a few install article about the OX locker and it seems like a good deal! You get a super tough diff cover with it that would cost you $200 from crane- and the whole locker kit is $750. An arb is $720 ish plus a compressor and then you would have to get a crane diff cover; so ARB with the stuff the OX has would be $1120 and an OX is $750... Seems like a good deal, unless it's crap...
Do they still make them? Last time I checked someone told me Ox went out of business.:confused:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i run with a bunch of guys who have them and they love them, most of the guys have front 60's though, and the two who have them in a front 44 havent had any problems in 4-5 years of hard abuse. the 2 guys who have arb's have had problems but maybe its just bad luck. plus the diff cover for the ox is pretty cool

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
another thing, you also have to buy the cable to actuate the locker, the lowest price ive seen on a 44 ox was around 810 for just the locker then around 60-100 bucks depending on the length of the cable. still a better deal than if you went with all arb.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've heard from many shops and people that the cable is a pain to get adjusted and keep adjusted. A lot of times the locker won't engage or disengage. Why not a Detroit Electrac?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the idea of an electric locker. I don't like the detroit electrac because it's a limited slip when open- terrible for snow. I would buy the eaton e-locker but it is impossible to find, and may not even be available yet. Rough decision!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I heard too many bad things about the ox, not worth it, the cable doesn't engaged or disengage sometimes, a pain to adjust too, etc, i was planning on buying one too before but a couple of my friends that had it said no no.
i got my arb for 640.00 shipped from randys r&p.
Oz.

·
Registered
14 Posts
a buddy of mine had one on his J**p and he loved it, i never once saw it fail, and he thrashed it to hell and back, just my .02

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like if I can get an ARB and comp go with it, or just try the OX if the price is too good. I like tinkering with stuff and testing stuff out- I may try the OX, but there are a few people that can easily say "I told ya so" if it is a pain...

Jake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Tacominator
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing