TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i am getting a P0125 after installing URD's injector kit, I also did pulley, short throw shifter, obviously the thermostat, injectors, fuel pump the whole shebang from URD.

The truck is a 1999 Tacoma 3.4 V6 S/C 5spd w/ 97K on the ticker.
Has:
TRD s/c
2.2 URD Pulley
URD Fuel mods
TRD Headers
TRD Exhaust
Deckplate Mod
K&N Filter
IK22's

I have already replaced the front 02 sensor, cleaned the MAF sensor, just bought a new fuel filter but have not intstalled it. I sprayed carb cleaner on the vacuum lines to see if i had any leaks, nada.. I just ordered a ScanGuageII so i can watch a few more vitals, and possibly going to order a A/F gauge from URD's site..

My buddy that helped install the kit accidently wired "connection A' function-B+' ECU wire color White w/red stripe" that is suppose to go to ECU plug D to a white w/red stripe on I believe it was PLUG B.. The truck ran super rich we figured it out quickly, and corrected the issue. Did i kill my ECU?

Anyone have this issue with the stock MAP from URD? I haven't tuned or adjusted anything at all. It runs like a top and idles fine, if i clear the code via OBDII reader it pops back on within a few trips and or a few miles, its always a p0125 never anything else.

Any ideas? Any one having any issues?

Ok so i went to review the wiring for the FTC from URD and it says for 1998 Tacoma, mine is a 1999 is there any differance?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Return your front 02 sensor for a new one, that or its wired incorrect but most likely you need to get another new one. Ive replaced mine and had the same thing happen, those sensors are fragile if it gets dropped the wrong way its toast. But that trouble code is 99.9% of the time your front O2.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, i mean it was new from URD factory sensor.. I would be surprised but I guess anything can happen.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
There are many things that can cause that code and the O2 sensor is only one of them, but usually the most likely.

You may need to run the whole diagnostic proceedure listed for that code to find the true problem.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered a Boost gauge, a/f gauge and the scanguage II and a lotek gauge pod.. I also got a 9pin to usb adapter for the FTC since i don't have a old skool computer anywhere. I'll work down the list of troubleshooting, i was reading over it is there any way to trigger the fuel pump without removing the bed that was a PIA. Glad next week is spring break :)

can anyone point me to a 'baseline' for the ftc?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Scustoms said:
hmm could be but its a new t-stat and I recieved this code before and after installing the t-stat.

First thing you should eliminate: front 02 sensor-take your truck somewhere that they can check the response curve ect. Ill bet you thats the issue.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Scustoms said:
Its a brand new 02 sensor.. I guess i can bench test the old one and confirm if it was good or bad.

I know its new, when I changed mine I got the same code, so I returned it because the new one wasnt responding correctly. The 2nd new one was fine and the code went away.

Here's Gadgets post:
There are many things that can cause that code and the O2 sensor is only one of them, but usually the most likely.

You may need to run the whole diagnostic proceedure listed for that code to find the true problem.

Gadgets seen more toyota obd2 trouble codes and related problems than anyone you will hear from. Just trying to make life easier for you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so i bench tested the old o2 sensor it was bad for sure I did the test as posted in the tech section to the 't' and its not even close to in spec.

I recieved the scangauge II today, the truck is indeed never entering closed loop which after research would say that it is indeed never utilizing the o2 sensor..

I am sending URD a e-mail to see if they will send another o2 sensor so i don't have to deal with pulling it out, putting the old one in, sending this one back then installing a new one.. Hopefully its that simple.. I'll be sure to bench test the new one i currently have..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts