TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 months ago I was having an issue with my CEL comming on with P0136 being the code that it was throwing. After taking it back to the dealer a few times for them to check on it they finally replaced both Oxygen sensors. It's been fine since. I installed my Stainless Steel Magnaflow cat back yesterday and today while driving around the same code pops up. Has anyone had an issue with this before? The Code is P0136 and it says Oxygen Sensor Malfunction Bank 1, Sensor 2

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The O2 sensor bolts into the catback but only approximately 3-4 inches from the flange. I had to reset the code 4 times in past 5 days

·
Registered
871 Posts
Make sure you don't have an exhaust leak, it can cause oxygen to get sucked into the pipe and when the o2 sees the o2, it will throw a code. If you still have your old exhaust, put it back on to be sure it is not the sensor, but has something to do with the catback system.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
tacoray4x4 said:
Make sure you don't have an exhaust leak, it can cause oxygen to get sucked into the pipe and when the o2 sees the o2, it will throw a code. If you still have your old exhaust, put it back on to be sure it is not the sensor, but has something to do with the catback system.
i believe his code is a heater circuit code and xtra air wont do that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts