TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got a check engine light yesterday when I started the truck. It started to die so I gave it some gas and it ran like normal. Took it to my buddies shop to get the codes checked and I got P0302- Cylinder 2 Misfire detected and P0171- Fuel system to lean bank 1. What could have caused this? I did get these same codes three months ago and replaced the spark plugs and wires with the factory stuff( The wire was burned and plug was fouled on cylinder 1).

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
530 Posts
The PO171 usually means a dirty MAF sensor, i would get a can of MAF sensor cleaner and clean the MAF sensor..As for the PO302 not sure(check the coil packs yet?)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The PO171 usually means a dirty MAF sensor, i would get a can of MAF sensor cleaner and clean the MAF sensor..As for the PO302 not sure(check the coil packs yet?)
yea, id say the coil pack that's connected to cyl 1 might need to be replaced. The maf being cleaned is easy, it's a 3.4 right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a misfire in cyl 5. I had the shop replace it. $109 part, $190 total. Make sure to get it teched out and fixed quick because unburned fuel and junk will be flying into your very expensive cat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts