TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Tacoma Prerunner TRD V6 Auto and I've been getting a P0420 code a lot lately. Up until last month I would get the code every 4 or 5 months but lately I get it almost every other day. I clear the code and in a day or two I get the code back. I just had the truck smoged last week and it passed so I don't think it's the cats. Any suggestion on what I should look for/where to look. Thanks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Then stop blazin' up in your truck GREENtaco! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I too have this problem, but I don't have a cat. Thank god my check engine light finally burned out! :2cents:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have it too. My cats are fine and someone what new 02 and F/A sensors. Check for gaps in the exhaust, my code is caused by the leaky flange after the cats.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine threw the code a year or so ago. Replaced a bunch of parts trying to fix it and gave up. It had a magnaflow rear cat installed by the PO and then I gutted the first cat when replacing the rear with a new universal. Code came back on a few months later but after that I found a leak at my MAS airflow sensor. Don't know if that messed up the cat or not. I'm about to move into a city where I have to pass smog so I am going to finally have to fix this right I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts