TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a 2 1/2 pa body lift and when I went to mount the rear bumper it didn't line up. Has anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Did your instruction sheet give info on mounting?
On the PA 3" when you flip the brackets you have to drill new top mounting holes or the bumper will angle towards the body. Flipping the brackets places the bumper almost to high with a 3" lift, so im not sure how it would work with a 2.5".
Truthfully I didnt know PA sold 2.5" B/L's.
Tim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the instructions said was to flip the brackets. I did that and it mounts the bumper too high to open the tail gate.

I bought the lift about 2 months ago, off their web site.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
USAFTaco said:
All the instructions said was to flip the brackets. I did that and it mounts the bumper too high to open the tail gate.

I bought the lift about 2 months ago, off their web site.
I have lost count on how many body lifts I have put on Tacoma's, but it seems almost every one of them had issues with the rear bumper. Like it was mentioned before, you have to flip the brackets, tilt the bumper, drill new holes and that should help out. another way of getting around this is to just weld the brackets to the frame. But I am not saying this is the best solution, just the solution I used on my personal truck.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sounds like you'll have to either weld to the frame (wouldnt be my favorite), or make a new bracket. On my 3" the tailgate barely clears the trim on top of the bumper, I could imagine a 2.5" would'nt clear.
Is it possible to take off some of the top of the bumper trim?

Tim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I could shave the top lip and that might do the trick. I will check it out after work. Thanks for the idea.

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts