TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new rotors and pads for the front of my 03. Where do you guys suggest for the best deal? Just looking for blank rotors and a good ceramic pad similar to stock. Nothing crazy.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
TRD parts for U

·
Registered
363 Posts
When I did my Tundra brake up-grade, I went with Napa 'premium' rotors and pads.

The difference between non-premium and premium rotors is the hub and cooling fin area are black powder coated, which hopefully will keep the rust down.

Later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to order Brembo Blanks and Akebono Ceramic pads from http://www.importrp.com/cart.php . Can anybody confirm the part numbers?
1. BREMBO Front Brake Disc

Part number: TOY085851, Weight: 15.71, Price: $40.28 x = $80.56 Delete item

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. AKEBONO ISD Front Brake Pad Set

Part number: TOY011378, Weight: 3.25, Price: $63.15 x = $63.15 Delete item

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered from FCP Import for $99 shiiped! Brembo Blanks and the above pads.....they had a 15% discount so it was a killer deal. Cheapest I could find was $135 before this place.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is that? It said they fit a v6 prerunner. Aren't those all 6? Can anybody confirm? Brembo 25489

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Seriouisly? I just looked and the picture shows a 5 lug but if I look at the 25513 it shows a 6 lug. Arrrghhh I don't know what I need!!! Here's a chart I found on buybrakes.com for Brembo.
TACOMA
2001 - 2003 2WD w/ 2.4L 4Cyl (5 Lug) VD 25489

2WD w/ 2.7L 4Cyl & 3.4L V6 (6 Lug) VD 25513

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats it! I greatly appreciate it....hell that is confusing as all get out because where I ordered it didn't give VSC info. What a PITA LOL. Thanks I have emailed them to call me in the morning so I can pay an extra $12 for the CORRECT rotors!

·
Registered
473 Posts
So you are just doing a straight replacement and not the Tundra 199mm caliber and matching rotor upgrade? I've been researching this upgrade the past few days and really wish I had done it when I did my brakes last May (though I wasn't aware of it at the time, so I can't kick myself too much).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts