TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question here for you..or anyone else in my our shoes going from a 95Runner to the new highness..

Your build thread on the 03's pretty much gone stale and we wanted to know how it's held up, have you plated the rear of the frame, etc-etc. Reason I'm asking is some here know we've added in a new shop assistant and with all the travel we'll be doing we're considering a TacoDC of our own. Go w/ TRD, skip it, etc-etc??

Let me know via pm if you prefer or whatever, pics are fine, and anyone else with one tell us what to watch out for if shopping used or even if buying new.

:D Shane, Raquel, and Sara in NorCal.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Mike is never on, and Nic is on about every 2 weeks....

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Every two weeks my ass... not anymore at least. Thanks to Doug I now know this exists... :p

I've been out in the bay area for going on 5 years I think. Even when we were associated with TTROA we rarely ever posted in our own chapter boards. I only came around here because I could give Molly shit, but she's moved now... and I've found other shiny objects to amuse myself.

My build thread has gone quiet, you'll soon realize that is what happens when you get a child lol... all the money goes to building them! Plus I really am not on here much at all, ever anymore. I think I still get email notifications when I get a PM so that might be the best way to reach me in the future. And Molly is right... Mike is never one here, when he left, he did it right, and left... he spends most of his time on PBB now.

I like my DC... but a 4Runner is also a suitable family wheeler. I had one at one time. I personally like having a bed and not being quite so top heavy... plus I like trucks. I went with TRD for two reason... the first and most important reason was it was what came with the color and nice extra fluff I was looking for and reason two, there isn't a reason two.

Don't buy it if all you're looking for is the e-locker, that piece of shit 8" is getting trashed the minute I have enough money to throw a different housing and set up in there. Probably go with a HP60 or a diamond. I've already blown a R&P and the rear locker is yet AGAIN not working. But this also depends on what your going to do with it and how you're going to mod it. I'm running 5:29s and 37s bitches and I flog my junk on and off road...

I am not sure what other information you are looking for. I guess the most important thing is getting the vehicle that fits your personal passenger/life situation and then modifying it as needed. Probably not the biggest help, but if you have more specific questions then I could probably answer them individually. Hope some of this helps, maybe a little :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could honestly give a crap about the e-locker, I've been bashing on that level of quality for a while when everyone began bandwagoning on them. I still would put in an arb and keep the sway on the Runner. As for the DC, the same reasons you are listing is why I am looking around at options. The 4Runner has the 3.0, it's top heavy, and realistically we can only fit so much in it and that amount is less than I could fit in a DC-shortbed. The only benefit being everything is enclosed in the back, but at that point we'd be near the rig either way if parked at a pit-stop restaurant, etc so why not consider it.

As for the changes of having a kid, already aware of it, mostly b/c of getting laid off and deciding to return to school at the same time.."Baby needs a new pair of shoes" is only a part of the equation.. Diapers, day care, etc-etc..but I won't be trading it for anything.

All that said, I could see why we didn't know you two were still out here, I hardly am in here or the NorCal board at all and pretty much the only person I've recently even seen in person was Phill.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There is always the option of the 3rd gen 4Runner that is running the 5VZ instead of the engineering fail 3VZ. We have a friend who wheels a 97 or 98 4Runner and he loves it. Room enough to take the dogs and all his crap. We're going to be getting a 3rd gen for a dd, and I'm going to try and keep my 'can't leave well enough alone' hands off modifying it. Like I said it's really a personal choice, a lot of people really like their 4Runners, and for good reason, they are awesome vehicles.

I could honestly give a crap about the e-locker, I've been bashing on that level of quality for a while when everyone began bandwagoning on them. I still would put in an arb and keep the sway on the Runner. As for the DC, the same reasons you are listing is why I am looking around at options. The 4Runner has the 3.0, it's top heavy, and realistically we can only fit so much in it and that amount is less than I could fit in a DC-shortbed. The only benefit being everything is enclosed in the back, but at that point we'd be near the rig either way if parked at a pit-stop restaurant, etc so why not consider it.

As for the changes of having a kid, already aware of it, mostly b/c of getting laid off and deciding to return to school at the same time.."Baby needs a new pair of shoes" is only a part of the equation.. Diapers, day care, etc-etc..but I won't be trading it for anything.

All that said, I could see why we didn't know you two were still out here, I hardly am in here or the NorCal board at all and pretty much the only person I've recently even seen in person was Phill.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[Edit]

COTTORA Peeps, thanks for letting this topic roll in your section, sorry about putting it here and not knowing how better to get in touch w/ them. Feel free to delete the topic, I'll finish the conversation via pm so as to not detract from your topics.

Doug, thanks for letting her know man, w/e you're out here hit me up and I'll buy ya a beer or three.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts