TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I removed my running boards I noticed that they had worn the paint down to the metal. I need to get that fixed once the weather turns better to help keep it from rusting in those areas. Has anyone had any luck with that paint repair kit from Walmart (has a bunch of items in a little box, if you know what I'm talking about). How should I appoarch this and what recommendations could you guys give me on to fix it. Should I just sand/scuff up those areas, apply some primer and then some paint or what?

Thanks.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
thenexus said:
How should I appoarch this and what recommendations could you guys give me on to fix it. Should I just sand/scuff up those areas, apply some primer and then some paint or what?

Thanks.
Take some 180 grit to it, then some 320. Prime and paint.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
It all depends on the amount of prep work you do. The more attention to detail now will pay off in the future. The best way to match color is pro paint. The stealership has spot paint repair tubes.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just thinking of getting one of those repair kits from like checkers/autozone. Have you guys had any experience with those? I don't want any rust coming though, so I'm willing to do a little prep.

I have about a week before I move and need something to do.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got some paint from wal-fart (primer and black). The primer did fine but the black started to goop up after I got down with the second side. Crappie paint :mad: .
Oh, well it's just going to get covered up by the mud flaps anyways. Just did it to help keep it from rusting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts