TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on Paintball Guns??

I'd like to get my 14 year old son a decent gun and kit (mask, tank, etc) and another cheaper setup for me and to use as a loaner for his buds that don't have one... and I'm willing to spend $200 or so...

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy 'shop-till-you-drop' season!

PRB

·
Registered
47 Posts
PRB_Ohio said:

I'd like to get my 14 year old son a decent gun and kit (mask, tank, etc) and another cheaper setup for me and to use as a loaner for his buds that don't have one... and I'm willing to spend $200 or so...

PRB
The Kingman and Spyder brand guns are quite reliable and moderately priced. I think you will be happy with them :)

You may also feel like posting this question HERE

Best of luck my friend!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Like he said my spider has been there and done that and still works great, Also people will diss spiders because there cheaper. I believe thats its the person pulling the trigger rather then the gun. Also paintball is rather $$$$$ so plan on spending more the just $200, most kids these days can't afford the cost to play.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'd even try www.paintballforum.com I'd like to add another vote to the spyders, being reletivley affordable and extremley reliable if you maintain them. I managed to get an E-99 (old style), 12v revvy, swab, barrel bag, for something like $180? I managed to get a JT Spectra Thermal Mask for X-mas and a 12Oz CO2 tank from a friend, which I'd like to add balances the gun perfectly when loaded up.

Good Luck and Play Hard!

BTW - Always watch your back! :-D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not to be the odd one out, but Id go for the Tippman Model 98. Ive had nothing but good lick with it...reliable and rugged. Good gun for a beginner. Affordable too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the ideas so far!

I've been reading on the boards sugested and I'm wondering:

Can you use Compressed Air instead of CO2?? Seems like a no-brainer if it won't damage the gun... use a portable compressor and a big storage tank (w/ appropriate regulators and valves, of course)

Prb

·
Registered
104 Posts
If your looking to keep costs down to $200, stick with CO2. When you start talking compressed air, the price jumps quite a bit. Stick with CO2 and youll be fine for a beginner. Its cheap, readily availible, and works just fine.

Spyder and Tippman (IMO) are about the best guns you can get in that price range. Something to remember: Paintaball guns are like Taco's; once you have one, you wont keep it stock for long. This is especcially true for the Spyder. Theres a trillion mods you can do to the damn thing, all of which force you to crack open your wallet.

Either way, have fun and play safe!

·
Registered
47 Posts
TacoTaco said:
If your looking to keep costs down to $200, stick with CO2. When you start talking compressed air, the price jumps quite a bit. Stick with CO2 and youll be fine for a beginner. Its cheap, readily availible, and works just fine.

Spyder and Tippman (IMO) are about the best guns you can get in that price range. Something to remember: Paintaball guns are like Taco's; once you have one, you wont keep it stock for long. This is especcially true for the Spyder. Theres a trillion mods you can do to the damn thing, all of which force you to crack open your wallet.

Either way, have fun and play safe!
I am not familiar with the use of compressed air as my understanding is that the volume is quite less than with CO2...now Nitrogen is another story ;)

As mentioned, CO2 is readily available for paintball guns and cheap, stick with that route and you will have a blast!!

I second that on the modding of them...Spyders have way too many goodies to go along with them! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
xtremeoff-road said:
I am not familiar with the use of compressed air as my understanding is that the volume is quite less than with CO2...now Nitrogen is another story ;)

As mentioned, CO2 is readily available for paintball guns and cheap, stick with that route and you will have a blast!!

I second that on the modding of them...Spyders have way too many goodies to go along with them! :)

Compressed Air/ Nitrogen/HPA, its all pretty similar. ("Air" is almost 80% nitrogen) As for Volume, it just depends on tank size.

·
Registered
148 Posts
PRB_Ohio said:

PRB
Heres another bump for the spyder as far as a good out of the box gun at a cheap price(depending on the model) I am a personal fan of Tipman,very reliable guns,and accurate for a fair price.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah get a model 98 Tippman or a Spyder.

Watch out they if your son or you, lol get into it it gets expensive. The paint itself has gone down threw the years which is good. I have about $3k in my setup and its all 2 yrs. old. Time to upgrade soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts