TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking on painting my stock alloys on my 95 tacoma. They are pitted and look like crap and I think the black rims on a red truck look good. How should i go about painting them and is there any special kind of paint?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think Dupli-color makes an alloy paint. You can get it at most auto parts stores. From what i hear it works quite well.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Second the Duplicolour wheel paint. I bombed my old alloys with it. They have one for steel wheels (marked as such), but the one for aluminum wheels is called "High Performance wheel paint" or something like that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I painted mine with a hammered finish, they held up great for 2 years, then i bought new ones, ill try to get some pics of them if you would like, let me know

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As soon as it gets alittle warmer im going to paint them or i might put the thornbirds back on. As soon as I looked at Duplicolors website and saw the can i know i have seen that stuff in the store but it never clicked in my head. And with a name like racing satin black it must be good.

·
Registered
169 Posts
flat black always looks good too, only down fall is touch ups...lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
adamgil said:
if you can come up with those pics send them to me too if you could, I am thinking of doing the same.
No problem, if you are talking to me

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
nice to see someone trying to use my name. :)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Way off topic here, i know; not tryin to hichjack the thread here or anything... but hey at least i'm still talkin about paint ;) . "Pink Taco" your name just grabbed my attention... u wouldnt happen to own a taco with the factory "Copper Canyon Mica" paint would ya? Thats what mine has and I honestly have seen one other truck that color in almost a year since I bought mine.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My truck was red origionaly but now has sun faded to an almost pink color. I took 6 hours one day buffing it with abrasive compound and it looked just as red as the day it came off the show room floor. About a week or two went by and it was right back to pink. I wish i could get it to stay red. But I kind of like it now I dont worry about scratches. As for ThePinkTaco it was just a name that me and my friends came up with.

·
659 Posts
Eztrog88 said:
Way off topic here, i know; not tryin to hichjack the thread here or anything... but hey at least i'm still talkin about paint ;) . "Pink Taco" your name just grabbed my attention... u wouldnt happen to own a taco with the factory "Copper Canyon Mica" paint would ya? Thats what mine has and I honestly have seen one other truck that color in almost a year since I bought mine.
Nope my Taco is Maroon. The name derives from a restuarant in my home town...the motto was split it open eat it out.

·
659 Posts
ThePinkTaco said:
My truck was red origionaly but now has sun faded to an almost pink color. I took 6 hours one day buffing it with abrasive compound and it looked just as red as the day it came off the show room floor. About a week or two went by and it was right back to pink. I wish i could get it to stay red. But I kind of like it now I dont worry about scratches. As for ThePinkTaco it was just a name that me and my friends came up with.
Sorry to hear about your paint...that sucks. It takes a real man to drive anything pink...ha, ha. :xbeer1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts