TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I would start this thread so everyone can post random questions, updates, pictures and just anything really. I thought it would be useful for anyone that wants to ask/share without having to start a new thread if they don't want to. Feel free to start one if you want to though :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have something random to ask :D Does anyone here mountain bike or own one? I want to try something new for 2012 so I'm going to give this a shot. It looks like a lot of fun!

I spent a couple hours in a bike shop yesterday looking around and talking about what I might need. I want to do just regular trail riding, but still be able to catch some air if I want so I MIGHT go full suspension right away. I'm going back for some test rides and to start narrowing down my decision.

Any suggestions on bikes or gear? Or any places to ride? So far I only know of Timberlake on Eglin and some trails out around 30A at Point Washington, but I'm wanting to just go explore on Eglin too.

·
Registered
388 Posts
yea i mountain bike, i ride a hardtail gary fisher and i like it really well! Also on the bs side, we closed on our first house today!!!! im officially a homeowner!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations on your house!!! That's fantastic!

Awesome bro! Do you ride anywhere around here? I've been hearing that Gary Fisher is a great bike!

We should ride sometime. There's a group out in Destin that does SERIOUS riding, but I'm afraid to ride with them just yet. They said I can be in shape in about 6-8 weeks and ready for competition in about 8-12 weeks. Hoping to start soon!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yea man my bike isn't really anything too Hugh end but it works for me. I haven't really ridden my bike in quite a while and I've o oh ridden roads down here but yea I'm up to ride just give me a call!

·
Registered
388 Posts
sick man!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to a bike shop today and got fitted for what I want. Decided on a 26" full suspension bike. After I left though I couldn't stand the thought of waiting any longer and had to go ahead and get them to order it haha. Here's a link to the bike. Should have it by Monday at the latest! Woo!

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/anthem.x2/7319/44087/

·
Registered
388 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks dude! Anyone want to ride next weekend? Truck, MTB or both?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
60 Posts
Redneck Parade this weekend gonna be a blast. Just unloaded the amp and speakers. Yep is gonna be a party on wheels. To bad I won't have my rig there. but still gonna be a good time.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Rob has a silver double cab but i doubt his plate says uratool haha

·
Registered
425 Posts
My plates are YOTA so it wasn't me :dunno: This is normally where TTORA says it must have been Ted lol, BTW I am itching to go wheeling, it is getting so bad I have started Mall Crawling

·
Registered
388 Posts
hmmmmm ya got me!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Other than the license plate what made this silver Taco stand out?
Looked like it had a small lift, Trail Grapplers, front grill was swapped out for mesh, and a fox sticker on the dash. I looked over on TW but just a glance around.

No biggie was just wondering if they use it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did some sticker work on my rig today.

Figured I'd do something a little different.

Yeah definitely not standard sticker set up and yeah if you aren't looking then you will miss them. Which is fine on the drivers side as most only get to see the passenger side anyway. A buddy of mine has a machine for cutting if your wondering where I got these from.

Also found a place to put another addition to the sticker portfolio

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
10 Participants
Madrock05
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing