TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based off of this list here...

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181004

...it looks like most people are in between Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach.

Who all is planning on showing up?

I'm thinking either Navarre Beach in that parking lot by the pier in those gazebos or at Shoreline Park South in Gulf Breeze in that big gazebo. I know I have one more guy from Pensacola and one more form Gulf Breeze not on that list who are interested.

Please post which you would prefer. Navarre Beach, Gulf Breeze or another central location and roughly what time.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Let's do Navarre beach maybe around five? Do a little cookout kinda thing?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree, i prefer navarre but it really doesnt matter where though, would anyone be down for making it sunday evening? i just found out i have a wedding to go to saturday night in new orleans, if not its all good but id really like to meet up with everyone and i need to talk to you tacotraveler about the diffs.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like Navarre Beach is the winner. That big parking lot if you keep going straight through the first stop sign. That looks like it has parking for us and if I remember right a few gazebos.

If it works better we can make it Friday evening. Sunday evening I make the haul back down to Gainesville for school. I'm not saying I have to be there but I'd really like to.

Cookout sounds good but I don't know what kind of a turn out we will have. The only guaranteed people I have for attendance are the names posted here. Bring it if you want but don't be disappointed if you bring the whole setup and it's only 4-5 of us.

Friday work better? What time? I assume after the work day so... 6? I'd like some day light so we can look at each others pieces of sh... I mean rigs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Friday works for me.. I'm off Thursday through Monday, but I'm leaving for New Orleans Saturday. If you want daylight, we should try to make it closer to 5, but 6 will work.

·
Registered
388 Posts
5 o clock friday is fine we arent leaving till sat morning says the wife so im in.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
My plans to Atlanta got cancelled so I may be in. I'll let you guys know for sure by tomorrow.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The plan still remains the same. Navarre beach at 5pm in the big parking lot directly across from the fist stop sign you come up to. I never actually arranged plans with Navarre Beach to "allow" us to meet there so hopefully no one gets butt hurt and tries to make us leave for loitering in a public parking lot. Sounds dumb but I've ran into these kinds of problems before.

Right now I have 5 guaranteed Toyotas going and some more maybes. I'm also inviting a few more people who drive other vehicles just so we get a good crowd. I'm not trying to exclude anyone from this because it could make some good connections to have frequent wheeling trips but if they don't have a Toyota then they probably won't really understand when we start talking TTORA. :D

I think the big topic I'd like to discuss with everyone, though it may seem trivial to some, is basic trail equipment, trail safety and how to obtain an Eglin pass. I just don't want anyone to be out wheeling with us and have one of those "Oh s#!t" moments because they "didn't know any better". This may seem rude but I have a low tolerance for that kind of crap.

·
Registered
237 Posts
and guys he aint kidding, hes dog cudded me up an oak tree cause ive had an "oh shit" momnet before...haha

·
Registered
237 Posts
oh yea...ima in if im not counted lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
that shit annoys everybody i dont think thats rude at all!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well I was going to try to make it, but work just called and I have to go in and close the store tonight :(

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dang that was a good turnout. I'm disappointed I didn't make it :(
everybody else is dissapointed you diddent make it either...lol it was pretty nice cause it was just everybody getting to know each other and comparing trucks and a bunch of questions answered from everyone

tacotravler has the info on when and where the next meetup is, pretty sure its atg east river smoke house on highway 87 in navarre

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was a good first meet. It was only a small number of people but I feel like we can make this grow. I look forward to the next one.

As Shannon said the next meeting will be at East River Smokehouse on November 9 at 5:00PM. I'll make a new thread for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts