TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As seen on their forum.. http://www.paragonap.com/

Before the rumor mill starts to fly. We want to be up front with all our customers and supporters. Currently Paragon and PCA Corporation (land owner) is in legal dispute over our lease agreement for this property. We have done everything within our powers to honor our agreements with the land holding company, but they are trying to evict us from the premesis so they can sell the property. We are still in business and will remain in business as long as possible and we are fighting this with every measure available.

We know the next question is how can you help. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything you can do. We would however, appreciate everyone's hopes and prayers for a good outcome.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kyle & Stephanie Knosp

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
This is devastating news for us on the east coast. For me, being that I live 25 minutes from the place, I'm floored. If Paragon closes, I don't know what I'm gonna do.....being so close to legal wheeling has been the main motivator for me and my wheeling disease.
When I hit the powerball on Saturday night, I'll gladly give them the 30 million needed to buy the place.

--Scott

·
Registered
391 Posts
damn it, the only place in this crappy east coast. I think its time to pack my bags and head west.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Man this really sucks. i guess this is motivation to get my butt up there an wheel it. I have been trying to get up there for awhile now and havent found time. Hopefully it stays open as it is the only place around here to wheel legally.

-AJ

·
Registered
793 Posts
Fishbone said:
When I hit the powerball on Saturday night, I'll gladly give them the 30 million needed to buy the place.

--Scott
So...........

·
Registered
225 Posts
That would really be bad. Someone asked me the good places to wheel in this area while I was out in CA, and I was stumped. I came up with Paragon and Wharton, but Wharton really isn't all that exciting. This is not good news.

·
Banned
966 Posts
interesting. any eminent domain laws there?

i suspect if the land owner has backing by local/state government that the sale of the property would greatly benefit economics (creating business, housing, jobs, etc), then you have little chance of saving PAP (its always about $$$). and i'm certain that the landowner will hire some nifty lawyer to tackle your lease terms....

·
Registered
404 Posts
chevytrucker said:
That would really be bad. Someone asked me the good places to wheel in this area while I was out in CA, and I was stumped. I came up with Paragon and Wharton, but Wharton really isn't all that exciting. This is not good news.
Wharton? I haven't heard of it. Is that a park? Is it legel wheeling?

·
Registered
225 Posts
PA Taco said:
Wharton? I haven't heard of it. Is that a park? Is it legel wheeling?

Wharton is a huge state park in southern New Jersey. It's in the Pine Barrens though so it's lots of sandy trails, some hilly stuff, and a whole lot of marshy area, which makes for a lot of good mudholes. No rocks or anything though, so a trip there ends up being dirt roads with the occasional big puddle. Like grille-high big puddle. Good enough to go sometimes, plus it's free, OHV's are allowed on the trails, but not interesting enough to go often. If you haven't been there I would recommend it, especially if you haven't seen much of the pine barrens area, but it's not anywhere near as good as a real off-road park.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I am wondering what someone is going to use that property for.

From talking to them the reason it was an off road park is that it was not much suited for anything else. Can't perk, can't build houses on rocks and so on. It used to be a coal mine.

I love wheeling at Paragon.

If this really goes bad, we have to plan a last TAKE OVER there.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Being as it is surrounded by industrial, I would guess that they would expand the industrial park. You shouldn't need a perc if you are putting up a warehouse that can treat its own waste? The park is huge, but they could pay for all the land with a few buildings. The whole situation is very unfortunate. They have really made a great place over there.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
What Id hope to happen is for a business to step in and buy such as Superlift's OHV in Hot Springs, AR. Warn, Toyota, anyone.

With a large corporation like that we could do a fundraiser to collect "x%" of the funds and they could match the rest. It'd be nice. The hard part would be spreading the word quickly. One big company could take this on, and Im sure other companies would make donations for the cause, and the rest would be from people like us.

If wheeling parks become extinct, its also a loss to the people who make a living selling the vehicles and parts that we use. I know there's plenty of money, more than plenty, between the industry and the end users for this to be practical.

Think of any off-road related business and they should be willing to make any amount donation to help their and our cause.

Ill keep my fingers crossed for someone to take this on. And I'll keep $500 in the other hand to put in the pot, if and when it comes to fruition, to buy the place.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts