TTORA Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
You will be testing your armor for sure.....especially if you have alot of rear overhang.....
yea, that's what I was noticing the most...too much rear :p

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Saturday we had a busy day planned and it went really well..... We started off with "the Duke", Rich was trip leader today and these trails were quite narrow most of the time so I mostly got pics of the rigs around me;

Tyler on the forst fall;

P1030127 by Symon623, on Flickr

Rene;

Casey;

TC;

Me;

Oddball;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
We had 11 rigs so we had to move up the narrow canyon a ways to make room for everyone get get up the first obstacle;

Jim;

Jim and Dan;

Dan;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
We hit a few more smaller ledges and tight spots and near the top we had this 12 footer..... Rich was already up by the time I got there with the camera and Tyler was scopin it out, he played on it a while, ended up carrying the driver tire in the air all the way over the top;

Rene opted to try another line;

Casey's 116" wheelbase didnt flinch at this fall;

This picture actually shows pretty close to how steep it really is;

John in the Toyzilla was next;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
After this we wandered our way out and over to True Grit, we ran down True Grit to get back to the main road;

Johns wife, Melanie, the real photographer was on sunblock patrol all weekend;

There was some weird rock formations here, looked like a dried out pile of Dinosaur shit..... haha;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
we wandered down the narrow trail, looks like there is plenty of room but the off camber and gravity pretty much kept you on the low line;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Shortly after the left turn was a 10' slab dropoff;

Jim and Dan back at the left turn;

P1030196a by Symon623, on Flickr

Next we were off to the Desert bar for lunch and a beer.......

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
After lunch we went at ran The Duchess, another narrow canyon type trail that starts right out of a main wash and was a blast;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Here we are all lined up like Phoenix Traffic.....

I knew it wouldn't be long and the TC's papparazzi would find us;

They flew over us a half a dozen times or so.

More Phoenix type traffic, funny how this is much more fun and easier to tolerate than actual Phoenix traffic;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Near the top it got steeper and there were bigger rocks closer together;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Same spot just looking down now;

Dan was tail gunning, or should I say Kim and the puppies were tail gunning today

And more traffic jam;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
100 yards up the trail Dan took a rock to the side wall and had to change it, I got out to help and notice I had a leaker too cept mine was minor on the inner sidewall that just recently was the outer sidewall. It only leaked when the cut was near the ground and it would blurp. I threw a few plugs in it and pumped it back up and was good to go. I climbed up on the top of the ridge and watched Dan putting his back together after borrowing Riches spare..... Yep, the tail gunner borrowed the trip leaders spare so that tire hade to go past 10 other rigs in that narrow canyon to get to Dan.

Tail gunner caught me spyin on her;

After this we worked our way out to the main road and back to camp for some R&R by the river

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
8 Participants
War Rated
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing