TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm planning a trip to CO this summer with my daughter. She's 6 and does fine with trails, but to get the most out of the trip I'm considering driving my truck out and back before/after by myself and flying in/out with her. I'm looking for long term parking options in the Denver area. I've called a couple storage unit type places, and I think I'll be able to come up with something, but it's a slow go given that most of these places don't have great websites (makes discovery difficult). If anyone in the area has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I go this route I would drive out and park, fly back a week or two later for the trip, then park the truck another week or two and do the reverse. So need to park for 2-4 weeks over a 4-6 week period. I'm flexible and will work around whatever options I can find.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
One option is to put it inside an actual storage unit. That way you don't have to worry about it getting messed with. We did that once before with our 4Runner. We were moving shortly from Utah to Colorado and so we went to EJS in Moab and then stored it there for a month to save us part of the trip. Then after we moved everything to Colorado we went and got it.

I don't know Denver well enough, but we've had luck storing in a unit.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If I remember correctly its $10 bucks a day at the airport.
$13 for 'economy'. $24 for garage, $8 for the boonies shuttle overflow lots.
http://www.flydenver.com/parking_transit/parking

Spot checks of storage units are like $200 a month for something large enough to put a truck in (10x20). Only $50 for an uncovered parking space though. Besides storage units, you might look at places specifically for storing RVs and boats (aka toy storage). I also see craigslist has a parking and storage section under housing. Of course, as with anything craigslist ymmv.

I'd probably offer to let you park it here, but someone else is doing that with a trailer in the available space right now and I'm an hour north of the airport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
acidchylde
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing