TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been collecting parts for a long time for my swap and need help reviewing to make sure i have them all.

-complete axle
-Front range sas brackets, frame plating, etc. i think i have everything from them.
-New rims, 37 mtz
-front range x-case/skid installed
-front and rear springs
-steering box
-shocks

Things i know that i have to order: 2.7l reverse oil pan--where do i order this from? texas toyota? what part numbers?

How much lift will the stock rear driveshaft allow for? I've got 6 inch leaf springs for the truck.

Front drive shaft, i guess i will have this made. The steering shaft i know has to be custom too.

Please help in reviewing for me.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Things i know that i have to order: 2.7l reverse oil pan--where do i order this from? texas toyota? what part numbers?
i can get it from ATL toyota. lemme know and I'll order it for you. call me tomorrow or something, I'm finishing up school today.

T100 parts required for axle swap

4cyl:

12101-75060 Pan
15104-75020 Strainer
15147-75020 Gasket, Oil Strainer
15301-75020 Gage, Oil (Dipstick)
11409-75020 Guide, Oil Gage (Dipstick)
11494-75010 Plate, Oil Hole
91651-60614 Bolts (Oil Hole plate) (QTY: 4)
00295-00103 FIPG (Form in Place Gasket material)

6cyl:

12101-65030 Pan
15104-62060 Strainer
15147-62020 Gasket, Oil Strainer
15301-62060 Gage, Oil (Dipstick)
11452-62060 Guide, Oil Gage (Dipstick)
90405-10033 Union
00295-00103 FIPG (Form in Place Gasket material)

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
Christian, there are a couple of parts that I didn't use from the oil pan swap that we decided I just didn't need. Seems like it was the dip stick and the dip stick guide but let me double check on that. It's kinda up to you if you wanna use them or not. Other than that, you might want to allow for about $100 in misc. grade 8 hardware. Fire wall plate for the steering shaft. Do you have shock hoops? Spring bushings? I'll keep thinking on it and try to remember things that came up on mine.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've got sping bushings and fire wall plate. i know the steering shaft and shock hoops are kinda custom made.

A couple more parts i remember i don't have: front bump stops and D44 u-bolts flip kit? Where do i get these from?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man, i'm going to have to wait for at least next month to order anything else. I just bought the tires and i want to put a dent in that bill.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
i've got sping bushings and fire wall plate. i know the steering shaft and shock hoops are kinda custom made.

A couple more parts i remember i don't have: front bump stops and D44 u-bolts flip kit? Where do i get these from?
I can't remember where I got bump stops from. Maybe Front Range? I think that may have been where I got my flip kit from too. Gimme a ring tonight if you want to and I can dig through my folder and try to get you some more info. I got the shcok hoops from Trail Gear. They aren't much more expensive to buy compared to buying the steel and making them on your own. Do the research on the steering shaft but if I had to do it again, I'd buy one. You could check with Hudlow in TN about making one. Brad said they are real good about it and can use some of your existing parts I think.

Do you have tie rod and drag link and the ends/bungs/jam nuts to go in there?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About the steering parts for the axle, the axle is up at brads, i believe all those parts are on the axle. Thanks for the pointers on the parts.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
my 2.7 didnt need a dipstick. theres probly 1/4 of oil at the bottom of the oem stick when its full. I got a 93 toy pickup box and shaft thats welded/sleeved to my stock shaft. Youll have to do some moding to the stock joints on the shaft but its not hard. Id go ahead and Tap ur box if u havent yet cause ull end up doing one day or the next.

Im guessing im at around 4.5 to 5' of susp lift with the stock rear shaft. No probs yet and i beat the crap outof it. I did lower the shaft at the bearing about 3/4 to 1' it helped some. Id say leave it till it breaks and make a new shaft.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
what about all the steering components? end links, steering arms, tie rod, drag link, steering stabilizer, etc.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
what about all the steering components? end links, steering arms, tie rod, drag link, steering stabilizer, etc.
probably on the axle genius. get back to studying. fail outta poly, next step is tech school.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Good luck on the swap C sounds like Ur gettin close! Aint nuthin wrong w/TG stuff as far as I can tell & it sure is cheap & they'll ship it quick for those 'overlooked' or 'unforseen' parts that are bound to come up.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
probably on the axle genius. get back to studying. fail outta poly, next step is tech school.

i doubt he has the drag link on the axle

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
shocks - shock hoops and tabs?
steering box - hose and hose ends?
U-bolt flip kit - Front range offroad
Pitman arm - make sure your pitman arm is the proper taper for the drag link end on the axle

How much lift will the stock rear driveshaft allow for? I've got 6 inch leaf springs for the truck. I still have the stock drive shaft and you know mine is tall and works fine. I did space the center bearing around 2" when I had the fabtech lift on it and kept the spacers on it.

Front drive shaft, i guess i will have this made. The steering shaft i know has to be custom too. I had Tom Woods make a front drive shaft (cost around $500), but you could buy the trail gear slip for less and have it welded onto your stock drive shaft. The steering shaft I bought from bent up, which has closed up shop. The shaft and ends are borgeson.

If you need pictures of anything let me know and I will post them up for you.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
parts are being ordered:
oil pan,
steering shaft,
trail gear junk,

I think i've almost got most of the parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts