TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are pathfinder tires worth a fuck off/on road ? my dad has some 285/75/16's on his truck that just sits there. they have about 2000 miles on them if that. he said i could have them if i want them.(witch i definatly do.) i can turn down free tires, ive read a couple threads on here about them but i want to know from some of the more recent pathfinder owners. how do they do aired down,in mud,dirt, ect?. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
they look like an old school bfg a/t.... im sure they are fine on the street, but if we are talking about the same tire, they would be fine in the sand for floatation but thats about it, a/ts jsut dont do well in mud

·
Registered
93 Posts
They worked great for me on snow and on rocks. Worked great on road too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have had them for awhile now. Maybe 20000 miles and seem to be holding up just fine. Work great for my style of driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pathfinder Tires

Experienced them for the first time in sand, today. They load-up quickly and don't do much more. Lucky I didn't get stuck.

dos centavos

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Jeremy, I had a set of those tires, my first set actually. They were good for mild wheeling, they were just really soft and wore our quick, that's why I switched to BFG AT. If they are free...I'd take them!

Ryan.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Hey Jeremy, I had a set of those tires, my first set actually. They were good for mild wheeling, they were just really soft and wore our quick, that's why I switched to BFG AT. If they are free...I'd take them!

Ryan.
x2

Always take free tires. Never know when your gonna screw one up and need a spare:D. Wheel the shit out of them give us a review on how they worked out for you.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ended up using them. ran a hand full or more trails with them, calico, bigbear ect. they worked out pretty good and didnt get too beat up. i just run them on the street now and put the BFG MTs on when i wheel. it seems to work out good this way. and i can actually have my strret tires stay in balance...:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
are pathfinder tires worth a fuck off/on road ? my dad has some 285/75/16's on his truck that just sits there. they have about 2000 miles on them if that. he said i could have them if i want them.(witch i definatly do.) i can turn down free tires, ive read a couple threads on here about them but i want to know from some of the more recent pathfinder owners. how do they do aired down,in mud,dirt, ect?. thanks guys.
The Pathfinders are made by Goodyear. They are a decent all-terrain tire for the money. I was invited over to San Angelo TX, where Goodyears proving grounds are, and tested the Pathfinder AT on there off road track. Only negative thing I would say is at higher speeds off road, it lost grip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts