TTORA Forum banner

Peacock Flats Camping Trip - Saturday/Sunday April 17th-18th

8K views 46 replies 6 participants last post by  bosco 
#1 ·
Hey, everyone! Because I accidentally scheduled the camping trip on Easter weekend, we've decided to change the dates. The new dates are Saturday & Sunday, April 17th and 18th.

So, if anyone else is up for a camping trip that weekend, pick up a permit from DLNR (info on how to do this is here), and we'll meet up at the Satellite Tracking Station entrance (far end of Farrington Highway, Leeward side, past Waianae) at 10AM on Saturday the 17th. We can do a bit of wheeling on the way up, get there, and set up camp. After that, if anyone wants to do some more wheeling (even a night drive, maybe?), we'll go from there!

Just remember: no open campfires are allowed, and no firearms/alcohol, either. There are chemical toilets, but you should bring your own TP (just in case!). BBQs are OK to bring. Oh, and I recommend bringing mosquito/bug spray!

If anyone has any questions, post them up here. Hope to see you there!

Have a great weekend,
-Radar

#2 ·
Has anyone gotten a permit yet? I went down friday (forgetting it was a holiday) to get one but they were closed. I hope they still have openings. Ive had horrible luck getting permits the last 4 months or so. :(

#4 ·
You wanna hop on mine? Ive got a hand full of guys from work who wanna go but I still got room if you want.

#6 ·
Well got my permit yesterday! Woo hoo! :D Although it seems that they are actually reserving the pavilions now? And the lower camp site is open again. They said all the pavilions in the small grass camp site are reserved although we are welcome pitch a tent anywhere we want. I reserved the upper most pavilion of the lower campsite. #5. I will decide if I actually want to set up there or not when we get there. Hope to see others out there! I will have another FJ60 and possibly 2 Heeps in tow (some friends from work) so it should be fun! Dont know how much wheeling I will do but I definitely want to get my truck on the trail at least once. :driving:

#8 ·
I have to get my permit tomorrow, I have a couple of people coming with me and I also told a few others about the trip so there may end up being a large crowd of wheelers up there. I might have to find room to jump in and ride with someone that is going wheeling cuz looks like I will be riding up there with someone else. Damn I need to finish my 4runner.

#9 ·
Glad to see that there are so many folks planning on coming up. The more the better!

#11 ·
#15 ·
You might be able to squeeze in with me if I can get my truck running right. BTW, you know anything about carbs?

#17 ·
If you eat too many, you can get really fat. If you're at all worried about 'em, check out the Atkins Diet. :p

#18 ·
Ha ha Will! You freakin hilarious! :p

Jesse, its an asian, I found a replacement on craigs Im gonna grab. If that doesnt fix it Ill give you a ring.

#20 ·
Good idea. Mine was working fine considering all the jerry rigging but it has recently gone to shit. Its dieseling like mad, it wont stay running when its cold and its idling horribly. :mad: I dont know much about carbs but I guess now is a good time to learn. :dunno:

#21 ·
Got a new carb on my rig! I am back in business! :driving:

#23 ·
I saw your old rig again today. He put some sissy tires/wheels on it to get it to pass inspection I assume. Still looks good though! :D

#26 ·
I will probably be there around the same time. Just gonna play it by ear after that and go with the flow. :xbeer3: ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.