21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Got a new carb on my rig! I am back in business! :driving:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I saw your old rig again today. He put some sissy tires/wheels on it to get it to pass inspection I assume. Still looks good though! :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I will probably be there around the same time. Just gonna play it by ear after that and go with the flow. :xbeer3: ;)

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Cool, looks like I'll be taking my cousins new truck up there, but cannot go wheeling in it. If you guys want to play hard, go for it, I'll have a nice big truck to tow you home with. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'll try to be at the front gate at about 10 AM, and then I'll be heading up to the campsite from there. Hope to see you guys tomorrow!
-Radar

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Beats me. We'll just see who's up for going where. I'd like to do as many as possible, because I'm bringing my GPS, and I bought it with the intent of mapping out the trails up there. This may be my last off-roading trip before I leave, so I hope to do some serious driving up there this weekend!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Beats me. We'll just see who's up for going where. I'd like to do as many as possible, because I'm bringing my GPS, and I bought it with the intent of mapping out the trails up there. This may be my last off-roading trip before I leave, so I hope to do some serious driving up there this weekend!
I'll be heading down with TRDTacoma04 but not sure what time yet, I'm on his permit. So how many folks are staying over nite ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry guys I couldnt make it out there, I was really looking foward to this camping trip for a while but I had to change my brakes so I decided that this would be a good time to upgrade to the Tundra rotors and calipers. It wasnt hard to do but in the process of doing this the banjo on the brake line broke so my brakes arnt working 100% didnt think it would be safe to take my truck out there. The part that bugs me the most is that I bleed the front and the rear brakes and took off the front brakes twice and never noticed the banjo, well I hope everyone had a safe and good time. Hope to see evryone out on future runs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry guys I couldnt make it out there, I was really looking foward to this camping trip for a while but I had to change my brakes so I decided that this would be a good time to upgrade to the Tundra rotors and calipers. It wasnt hard to do but in the process of doing this the banjo on the brake line broke so my brakes arnt working 100% didnt think it would be safe to take my truck out there. The part that bugs me the most is that I bleed the front and the rear brakes and took off the front brakes twice and never noticed the banjo, well I hope everyone had a safe and good time. Hope to see evryone out on future runs.
We waited for you all day dude, 1st time there and I had to drive through the dark trails, but it was fun with my Hids lighting.. Hope next time you can make it ! Sorry wradar, I was tired today so we decided to head out of the forest. Checked out the end of Yokohama beach after we got out, drove in little bit and turned around it was muddy. I was falling asleep on the way home, luck I wasnt driving..

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
No worries, dude! I'm glad you made it out OK, and I hope you get some rest tonight.

Carlos: sorry you coudln't make it up, man. Were you able to get another banjo bolt? I hope it's an easy fix. If there's anything I can do to help ya out, let me know.

As for the trip, we had a really good time! I got a lot of mapping done, and will try to get it uploaded by the end of the week. I'll post up the photos I took onto the website (www.ttora-hawaii.com). I didn't get a whole lot of still photos, as I took a lot of video, so if anyone else has any pictures they'd like to let me post up, please send them my way!

As for the video, I'll try to get that up by the end of the week, too. Thanks to everyone who came out! I hope I'm able to do another trip before I move, but, if not, this was a good one to end on!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Pics were posted on the website (www.ttora-hawaii.com). If you have more to post up, send 'em my way! Thanks, and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Great time out there!!! Sorry about the newbie issue but I know everyone still had a great time. Sure would have been nice if we didnt have to turn around...TWICE! :mad: You definitely learn things about people you never knew before when you get them away from civilization, good or bad. Oh well. Such as life. Super successful trip though! Ive got tons of pics. Ill try to get through them and send em your way Will. I forgot to call DLNR today but I will definitely do it tomorrow. Thanks again for leading the way! You know Im not afraid to try anything but I still dont know my way around there too well. ;) Next time it will be just me and the fam and then its AWN! :D :driving:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts