TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to table mesa yesterday(sunday)to ride my dirtbike and to do some toying around on the taco. i was down by the mouth of lake pleasant, on the north end cruising in the mud on 4low ,then a jeep on a 2 in lift got stuck trying to cross about 50yds of a little stream , not even 5 mintutes later a stock f250 diesel gets stuck in a mud pit , a yellowish 87 yota sitting on 35's with a fatty winch rolls up and gets the jeep out , after that the jeep which i kept in my sight the whole time goes out n gets stuck 9 times ( icounted),trying to cross the river , over and over again the yota was it's helpful companion . 1/2 hour later a yellow stock silverado get stuck in a deeper crossing when right behind it an f350 thinks it's smart by trying to get through that crossing with 2 quads in the back, right beside the silverado the f350 laid it's final breath and to rest for the next 2 hours , meanwhile i was spinning ,jumping and burying the taco and not getting stuck , the yellow yota was busy yanking every single one of them out , the f350 being the hardest to get out , i thought about it and wondered why people try doing things they know their ride can't do ! , another thing that really upset me was the amount of abuse our beautiful deserts take when these monkees plow, devaste and devour , plants , animals and beautiful areas with their quads atvs, and garbage, born and raised in the desert it hits my heart , to see all these mess , i you are reading this please stay on the trails and try not to damage our deserts and also clean up after thyselves, i got pictures developing , will be posting ASAP

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I agree people just don't think sometimes but also people make stupid mistakes as well.
As for the jeep that got stuck 9 times apparently they didn't learn their lesson. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
get pics of plates and vechile doing illegal activies and send it to the governing authorities. ie-BLM sheriffs dept etc. BLM and rangers will send them a ticket
I've been told that they can't use the I wasn't driving shit as an excuse. either they pay or turn in who did it.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
get pics of plates and vechile doing illegal activies and send it to the governing authorities. ie-BLM sheriffs dept etc. BLM and rangers will send them a ticket
IMO sending to the authorities is a better option than posting here...seems to me once they're posted here we are associated with the damage...rightly or wrongly:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
This is one of the main reasons that the BLM will be closing access to a large portion of the Table Mesa area in July. Due to the large amounts of trash, illeagal OHV use, and vandalism they are closing the area between where Table Mesa road ends and Roosevelt Lake. They are looking to close other areas as well and we may lose access to the whole area if things don't improve. This is a serious serious serious issue and is probably going to be huge in influencing other proposed closure areas. EVERYONE needs to be held accountable or we ALL will lose access thanks to ass-hats and those who idley sit by and do nothing.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Considering all the time and effort you all put into keeping these trails and areas open I believe you guys do an awesome job. If you were to see how the people here keep the desert clean, you would be disgusted. People throwing their garbage, beer bottles, old furniture, air conditioners etc. Since I am planning on starting my own TTORA here in El Paso, I am also going to start a clean up in those areas that are most frequent with off road vehicles. Although most of it is being covered with new homes, atleast we can keep something clean for ourselves.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts