TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have deavers and some SAW rear shocks. In the instructions it said to fill them with 150psi of nitrogen. They are riding super stiff and almost seem as if they are topping when it compresses enough to rebound. I do think the shop may have made a mistake and put in 200psi of nitrogen, but I don' t think it would make that much of difference, would it? I am going to have to have them test the pressure and refill them to make sure, but if that doesn't do the trick what should I do? I mean they are advertised as having "extended travel" but I don't feel as though there is enough downward travel to accomodate the deavers. I wonder if SAW makes a shock that is londer or if they could reshaft the ones I have and I could run an airbumps to absords the upward travel where the shock was due to bottom out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
What stroke length are the shocks. If they are too short you could be topping/bottoming them out. If they are just too stiff, you might try to get them revalved. Or, just sell the SAW's and buy the Donahoe rear shocks (well worth the money and ride great right out of the box).

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sold my Donahoes. I think they were way mushy and undervalved. I don't know the shaft length, I believe they are a smidge longer than the Donahoes though, at least that is what the shop said.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a standard cab, so maybe they just work a little better on a lighter truck. I would take the shocks off and measure the extended length of them and then check the SAW website to see what length they are. Or you could try just unbolting the lower shock mount, jacking up your truck so the leaves are at full droop with the tires on. If the shock mount is lower than the eye of your shock, it is too short and you are bottoming them out and you may need to buy a longer set of shocks. Hope that makes some sense. Anyone else have ideas?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to sell it, but I decided to keep and not get fucked for the 1st years depreciation. Now that I have all this money invested in it I may keep it till it dies.
I understand the checking to see if they shocks are long enough for the deavers, but that doesn't really answer my orginal question, And that was
"what are people with deavers running as far as rear shocks."

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes that is my truck on their site. I got a bumper fabbed up and I am going to take more pics when it gets out of the body shop, some fucking idiot rear ended me.
I really want to be able to run the SAWs in the rear since I have them up front. It would keep everything uniform. I am going to make sure there is 150psi in them before I do anything, because like I said I think they put in 200 psi. If it is super harsh then I will get them revalved softer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The pressure in the shocks is not your problem. The shocks need to be maintained at a decent pressure to work properly. In fact I would charge them closer to 250-300 PSI.

Where are you located? If your near socal I could revalve for you. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
68 Posts
More than likely the shocks are not long enough and they are topping out. I had the same problem on my truck. I'm running walker evans with adjustable commpresion

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am in Las Vegas. If I were in socal. I would let you work on them for me. Walker Evans? I have never heard of them. Can you give me a link?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Oh I found their website. Looks like good stuff. What do you think of them? What length are you running with your deavers? How long are my SAWs? Do you have any pics of your setup?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
I am in Las Vegas. If I were in socal. I would let you work on them for me. Walker Evans? I have never heard of them. Can you give me a link?
Not gonna flame you but you never heard of Walker Evans? Weird, must be new to the offroad community. Anyways, glad that you found them!

Also look at King Shocks! They are good stuff too. Im running donahoes and like them, I have an 11pack Deaver and I need more up travel for racing. So if this is something your looking to do, I should be selling this soon.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
honestly, you almost cannot beat kings customer service. another shock company that i havn't seen 1 bad review from has been radflo... trust me on this. call up both shops and talk tot hem about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts