TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from Pep Boys to exchange a dead battery for my dad that he bought back in March of last year. As some of you know he had a stroke and I have been helping him ever since. He couldn't remember where he had put his receipt so I just went down there with his info. Pep Boys was unable to help me due to the fact that they do not keep records of what you buy under warranty. No receipt, to bad. I couldn't believe it. They didn't even try to help. In this day in age, and with all the other auto part stores keeping digital records they would be like that. I guess thats why I haven't been in one in a while:dunno:. I just wanted to rant and rave to let everyone else know not to get done over like that. It doesn't seem like they care much for the customer. That is all. Aaron.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
So I just got back from Pep Boys to exchange a dead battery for my dad that he bought back in March of last year. As some of you know he had a stroke and I have been helping him ever since. He couldn't remember where he had put his receipt so I just went down there with his info. Pep Boys was unable to help me due to the fact that they do not keep records of what you buy under warranty. No receipt, to bad. I couldn't believe it. They didn't even try to help. In this day in age, and with all the other auto part stores keeping digital records they would be like that. I guess thats why I haven't been in one in a while:dunno:. I just wanted to rant and rave to let everyone else know not to get done over like that. It doesn't seem like they care much for the customer. That is all. Aaron.
That sucks, walmart goes by the date stamp on the battery so even if you don't have a receipt your good.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Sucks, but customer service any longer, non-existent.

The Checker (I know, O'Rielly's) by my place stocks the same stuff as NAPA. Only problem is there is a new guy behind the counter every time I go in there.

Rock Auto FTW.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
In the past I have taped a zip lock with the receipt in it to the battery on on the tray so I would not forget where the hell I put it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I took my brothers battery to O'reillys without a receipt and they looked up the purchase from 2+ years ago from Hawaii (when they were checkers) and warrantied out the battery for me. Took all of 10 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts