TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my 2000 Tacoma 3.4 5spd has the second gen TRD supercharger, Intake, & exhaust. Whats next performance wise? are the headers worth it on these engines? what would be good mods to get a bit more power out of it reliably?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the headers actually worth it on these? If so witch ones are best, oh they will need to be CA legal...I'm sure that'll really narrow down what's available. I have done some searching but found vary little info other than if your not supercharged don't bother with headers...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Ok, my 2000 Tacoma 3.4 5spd has the second gen TRD supercharger, Intake, & exhaust. Whats next performance wise? are the headers worth it on these engines? what would be good mods to get a bit more power out of it reliably?

Have you dyno'd your truck? What sort of power are you making now?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you dyno'd your truck? What sort of power are you making now?
No, I haven't put it on the dyno, only had it about a month & a half. Had the supercharger on it when I got it. Just looking to get a bit more out of it...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
No, I haven't put it on the dyno, only had it about a month & a half. Had the supercharger on it when I got it. Just looking to get a bit more out of it...
come drive my 3rz Tacoma for a month then drive your truck again.. you will be happy.:lmao:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
come drive my 3rz Tacoma for a month then drive your truck again.. you will be happy.:lmao:
LOL good idea haha, I'd like to get around 275-300 rwhp out of it, don't know if I ever will but that's what I'd like...

·
Registered
432 Posts
To me the worst thing about the supercharger is the lack of any kind of intercooler.

I did CAI, exhaust, bigger injectors, FTC, meth injection, bigger fuel pump, cooler T-stat, colder plugs, and a really tiny pulley. I did away with the water lines to the throttle body, and did away with PCV too. The truck definitely runs good and has been like that for 50,000 miles with no trouble. I think my next power mod will be the coyote from my mustang when it gets a forged motor. The truck is on 40's and has no trouble handling them as is, but you can never have too much power!

Basically you need to get it tuned good to get all the power it's got to give.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
but you can never have too much power!
You saying that made me think of this-
"a true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You saying that made me think of this-
Haha true, my last truck made 530 rwhp & 1,302 rwtq & I had plans to get it over 700 & close to 2k tq but sold it before I got a chance to fallow through with it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Haha true, my last truck made 530 rwhp & 1,302 rwtq & I had plans to get it over 700 & close to 2k tq but sold it before I got a chance to fallow through with it.
Diesel?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup!:D God I miss that truck!!! Loving the Taco tho!!! With 3.55 gears & those 39x14.50x17s it would smoke em from a dead stop in 3rd gear & do 3rd & 4th gear rolling burnouts if the roads were wet at all it would spin all 5 gears at any speed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts