TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally took my Taco into the stealership to find out what the constant and ever preasent "hummm" coming from my front end was. Well one of the causes as I suspected was a wheel bearing. Well the stealership :COUGH: (Keith Peirson) also informed me that I needed a new tie rod, a boot (I dont know if he meant CV or not?) and a few other things. He told me that if I did not need a new hub is would be like $650. And if I did it would be like $799.!!!! So obviously I said thanks but no thanks. So, I am really not looking forward to trying to do all that on my own so I was hoping any of you either had exp or person (as close to JAX as possible) that I might be able to try...Thanks in advance! :xbeer3:

Oh and I am pushing the fact on my wife that I could probably get it riding on a solid axle for that price!!!! :kewl: Then problem solved! :D

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Just do it your self. It shouldn't be that hard. I'd really like to see you do a SAS on a Taco for $800 but if could it'd be sweet.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
usmcracing said:
Just do it your self. It shouldn't be that hard. I'd really like to see you do a SAS on a Taco for $800 but if could it'd be sweet.

if it could be done for $800 total, i would to mine.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet I could at least get it street driveable with a solid axle under it for $800...I never said it would be trail worthy...but I do have to worry about the cargo it hauls around...I.E. my wife and daughter...

·
Registered
146 Posts
The bearings are a pain in the ass. I did one side of mine and will never do it again. Yes they are pressed in and you have to have the old one pressed out and the new one pressed in. I had to take my hub assy. to the dealer ship and have them rent me there press and they guy at the shop blew his press trying to remove my old bearing.

So repairs are just ont worth trying to do your self.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya now I hear your tunes changing! :flipoff4:

So what, I either need to go through hell and back to fix it myself or dump $800 into the stealership?!? Great! :rolleyes:

Anyone know anyone who is currently SASing an 01-04 taco or has already and still has thier IFS crap?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool! Maybe I can pull a Neilfab and take donations since it will benefit everyone!!! :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
bosco said:
:

So what, I either need to go through hell and back to fix it myself or dump $800 into the stealership?!? Great! :rolleyes:

Anyone know anyone who is currently SASing an 01-04 taco or has already and still has thier IFS crap?

Look at buying the bearings and then call a shop like a NAPA and have them press out the old and press in the new. After that it's all down hill. That is what I should have done. The guy at the dealer ship rented be there bay for 1/2 four and that is what I payed for them to press them in and out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts