TTORA Forum banner

Which bulb is your preference in term performance and longevity

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please only respond to this poll if you have used BOTH Phillips Vision Plus and Osram Silverstars bulbs.

Also indicate:

Truck year
If you upgraded wiring harness
Where you bought the bulbs (provide link if possible)

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
2004 Tacoma
no wiring upgrade
Currently using Vision Plus

I voted before I noticed it said OSRAM silverstars. I have used the Sylvania Silverstars and Vision Plus. Got the vision plus bulbs from powerbulbs. I just put them in two days ago. I compared them at night between OEM/ Silverstars, OEM/ Vision Plus, Silverstars/ Vision Plus. From just looking at the truck OEM's are yellow colored, Silverstars and vision plus appear same brightness with Silverstars having a blue tint. On the road, the vision plus bulbs are noticably a little brighter.

I had the Silverstars in my 2002 originally then switched to my 2004 in April when bought. They lasted for 2 years before one blew on low beam. I got them (Silverstars) on sale at autozone PLUS had a $10 rebate. All told I got them for $20 for the pair. For that price, 2 years to me isn't bad. However, paying regular price $40 every 1-2 years would get old. I got the Vision Plus bulbs for right at $30 including shipping from the UK. We'll see how long they last.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts