TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
DentedTacoma said:
How do the newer Tacos (05+) compare with the older Tacos for suspension travel?

i was just wondering that as well. the rear doesnt look like it has much travel.

nice truck though

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
due to professionalism, I refrain from comment. But if you like I can give you some tips on how to take better photographs of your truck.

Nice truck none the less. you should enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The rear need to be lifted a little... I saw the truck up close... and Im guessn' he had some serious rubbing ... There's going to be some :saw: cutting involved to get rid of that issue.. and maybe a body lift... he has some large tires on there that caused this issue... It's a clean lookn' truck...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bear said:
due to professionalism, I refrain from comment. But if you like I can give you some tips on how to take better photographs of your truck.

Nice truck none the less. you should enjoy it!
ok, i am just shooting with a Canon A520 Powershot, nothing special, I have talent in videography not photography. Just wanted some personal photos of my truck getting dirty. Also, I do know my license plate is exposed.

thanks for the comment on the truck!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Animal said:
The rear need to be lifted a little... I saw the truck up close... and Im guessn' he had some serious rubbing ... There's going to be some :saw: cutting involved to get rid of that issue.. and maybe a body lift... he has some large tires on there that caused this issue... It's a clean lookn' truck...
Ew bodylifts... The rear is going to get a deaver pack.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
marnes2986 said:
I called Dhoe and one of their reps told me they get 1" more travel than the pre 05+'s
Yep, its a spacer. Thats what i got in mine. Heres the deal. Those coilovers work on the FJ, Tacoma and 4Runner. (Correct me if I am wrong) So being that they work on 3 different vehicles they made them universal, I am sure thats what Donahoe did as well. So after putting them on different vehicles different applications had different needs. Since Toyota did their homework on the Tacomas suspension it has a lot of droop stock. Adding a coilover doesn't add any droop, it actually decreases it. So adding the spacer gives the coilovers another inch of droop. That extra inch its extremely important. As well as the new valving. Scott at Camburg, took mine added the spacer and re-valved them. Its perfect. From now on all SAW/Camburg coilovers will have the spacer adding an inch of droop and the custom valving for the Tacoma. I was the ginnie pig on this one. My truck has the first set with the spacer and custom valving, I was at Camburg on thursday for some final mearsurments at I gained 1.5" of droop at the wheel. Steve was already starting to re-valve their entire inventory of coilovers. Blah. Ask questions Ill answer them. Anyways. The truck performs AWESOME. I hit a big huge speed bump and it was plush, no topping out the shock, no clunk, just smooooth travel.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Mike said:
More boulders and less fake beadlocks.

Nice truck though. :D

Later,
....Mike
a little better maybe:rolleyes:

yours is much prettier than mine though;)
Mike

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
miguelitro said:

Mike
Man, I am a PUSSYYYY haha

I got 4WD for the those parking lot obstacles (puddles, sand, planter run-off) can get nasty when I picking up groceries.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
ahh...you'll come around eventually hopefully;)

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
miguelitro said:

Mike
Poser pics should always include docking the rear tires... :D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
nah mine is sicker:p

but you did drive off the front of that rock right?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
20 Participants
onepremiere
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing