TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the stock wiring harness handle the PIAA 520 (85 watt) light or would it be best to use the PIAA harness.

If the stock wiring will not work will the stock fog light switch be OK?

I really don't want more switches.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Check the stock wiring vs. PIAA wiring as far as the gauge is concerned...I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work though.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
When I had the 520's on my truck it blew the factory foglight fuse, the factory bulbs are only 55W.(or maybe smaller cannot decode the Sylvania bulb code)..ended up using the PIAA harness but with a switch that http://4x4mods.com/ offer. They fit right in the factory blank locations. Check with Hytenor, he had some extras a while back...

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have mine on the factory harness and havent had any problems. theyve been on the truck for about a year and a half.

·
Registered
407 Posts
When I had the 520's on my truck it blew the factory foglight fuse, the factory bulbs are only 55W.(or maybe smaller cannot decode the Sylvania bulb code)..ended up using the PIAA harness but with a switch that http://4x4mods.com/ offer. They fit right in the factory blank locations. Check with Hytenor, he had some extras a while back...
I recently did a 520 install on an '07 TRD OR and the switches don't fit the factory blank holes. Test fit on my '05 TRD OR....same story. Taking the dremel tool tonight to enlarge the holes....the switches are too nice not to chop the dash to install them.

:D

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
When you take the blanks out of the 05+ dash, you will notice a little lip at the bottom inside. I cut that lip off and they fit great after.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks again, Darrin....had to also hog out one side of the holes, but got them in the 05 and 07 last night with no problems except with Joe, owner of the 07. Just bought his truck and he's an OCB PITA. The minute I flipped on the Dremel he said...."Oh, shit!" :D

All the flix are here if anyone's interested: 4x4mod Brand Switch Installs in 05+ Tacos

Regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts