TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy some PIAA 580's for my new ARB Bull Bar. I am curious to see what other guys are running as far as fog, driving, or pencil??? Any one better than the other. Thanks, Jason

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some trail use and some for extra highway vision. What is better for trail use?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Wider angle so either a driving or fog type. For both trail and highway a driving would be the choice I suppose. I have some small 1400's for close in and a set of their 960's (no longer made) for fog and driving.

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot. Probably go with the driving.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I went with Driving beams on the 120 watt Piaa 80 Pro XT for the same reasons, because occassionally I want a light that can reach out on long stretches of empty highway, for spotting and watching the critters in the woods, and for general off road use as well.

There are better choices if you're rock crawling or tight cornering, but driving should be okay for typical off roading.

Cibie has a light out, the "Oscar SC", which I wanted in a bad way, but I found a good deal on the Piaa's, so got them instead. The SC is a "cornering beam" pattern. Somewhat in between a fog and driving beam, nice wide pattern up close, but still reached out a good distance. About the same price wise as Piaa, maybe a tad more.

After I bought mine, I found these as well. IPF Dual Beam . Dual reflectors, giving fog and driving patterns at the same time. Optional 55/85w bulbs available. Cheaper than Cibie and Piaa, not as much output, but it looks to put the light everywhere you could want it.

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the PIAA 580 Driving lights.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I got my kit up here in Canada but according to ARB, who I called directly in April when I made the purchase, and they advised they were all shipping with two sets of bulbs as of the beginning of 2005. There is a big sticker that was added to the front of the box that says a second set of bulbs are inside. Maybe call the company and confirm that what they are selling is recent stock with the sticker on it...

Since you are in Washington, give some serious thought to ordering from North Shore Off Road in Vancouver, BC (www.nsor.com). Their prices are great - especially for Americans. The guy at the internet/phone order desk is really nice too.

Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts