TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really don't like the rubbing i get with my 285 and am thinking of going down to the 265s. Anyone have this setup able to post pics as I wanna see how they look before i decide to do this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that works. thanks. safe to assume you dont have any rubbing issues at all including at full lock?

·
Registered
98 Posts
3"

No rubbing issues at full lock

C

·
0 Posts
I have upper control arm rub with the 285/75/16. I am going to switch to the 255/85/16 tire, it is just as tall but narrower. You may consider that as an option, or switch out your rims/after market uppper control arm.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
SilverStreak05 said:
How about 2 inches?

Getting my lift a differnt way, but pretty much the same setup... looks sweet...

I would go 285's, but I HAVE to have chain room....

thats a sharp looking truck... still torn between ordering silver and white, my sis just picked up a 07 runner in silver and its SHARP...but white shows scratches less, and this will be my backroads truck so??

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Had 285s and experienced WAY too much rubbing. Here's my truck with 265s.

Here's how bad they really rubbed. This picture is the top of the wheel well. You can see the faint blank line right at the edge of the well, and you can actually see where one of the lugs caught the bumper and almost ripped that little piece off:

Now you might never fully compress the tire that bad while out on a trail, but I didn't want to end up screwing something up while wheeling because the tires were too damn big. Plus I like the extra articulation I end up getting out of it, the better gas mileage, and barely any 'sluggishness' associated with the 285s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome, thanks Rodge. I actually have the Ivans as well so this picture is exactly what i needed. I noticed alot of that "sluggishness" as well with the 285s so i got the URD supercharger kit. I can't wait to see how much quicker it feels with the smaller tires now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
2.5"

Running 265/70 R16 thinking about going the next step bigger tires. What do you guys thing

I want BFG All Terrains next size up.. ANy help :):saw:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Check out the pics under my signature.

I recently noticed rub marks on my driver side lower control arm, on the back side of it.
Does anyone else have this ?

Factory wheels with 265-75-16
PLEASE post a few more of those wheels somewhere if you haven't already, I was going to paint the same wheels black but didn't know how they'd look. NICE!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
3 inch with 33's but close enough

1 - 19 of 19 Posts