TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically the budget is low and i need to mess around with something. the finish on these wheels is messed up and has a lot of oddball discolorations that wont come off with scotbright pads and elbowgrease, plus i just want a little change. no powder coat since i do wheel it and they will get FUBARd so i need to be able to repray if required.
ill replace the fiftyfukbillion screws that are needlessly installed on the bead since many are missing and all are corroded to hell as well
im thinking black will look the best, or possibly a gunmetal. A suggestion from the only response in tacomaworld involved adding color so another idea is for the holes machined into the dish have about a 1/4 bevel, maybe paint that red to play off the little red detail I TRD, then black everything else..not quite what I see everyday but not gawky/bro'd out... And if it sucks it'll be easy to lack out completely.
I know this is mall crawler to do, I'm just sick of what i do see. looking for opinions/pics/ms paint catastrophes etc. thanks for the helps guys/gals

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
used my excessive computer skills to render 2 ideas... i like the back wheel, pretty sure ill pick up the paint and pull a wheel of Saturday and see if i like it when it looks less like helen keller attacked with crayolas...im thinking the minimal red just on the center caps where it says the eagle alloy stuck will be enough and black paint to the useless screws around the bead area... the red ring idea wont really work because it doesn't have a fake bead lock ring, just receptacles cast into the wheel.... kind of a TRD rip off, and im good with it..

·
Registered
114 Posts
that looks BEASTY!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
and for paint i used the rustoleum ultra coverage x2 from home depot on my bumpers, sliders and the wheels on my car, it covers and sprays real nice... and u use less cans its nice!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got out of work early so i stopped at autozone and picked up 2 can of wheel paint, a sanding block and a red touchup paint pen..... had a $20 dollor credit so this entire project cost me about 7 dollars since i had black paint and just painted the hardware black.... 2 wheels done, do the other 2 on saturday..
whatchathink

·
Registered
114 Posts
now the truck is going to get stolen just cause of the rims lol... looks nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts