TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I needed an impact so I bought the dewalt 1/2" corded model It handled a t-case flange nut and lug nuts with out any problem but I'm really impressed with with the Makita hammer dill/driver and impact kit. I was going to buy the white set with the standard drill and smaller batteries but the teal & black had the hammer drill and a more powerful impact. the size of the impact is deceiving I was surprised when it took the lug nuts off my truck with ease. I just got these so I cant say how durable they are but I'm impressed with the power of them

·
Registered
942 Posts
makita electric impacts are the tits, 18v? i use one for work every day. Its held up pretty well w/ continious use after about 18months. The trim has fallen off of it but the gun is plenty strong. Battery life is pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
yeah for being a made in china tool they hold up well. I have both the 9.6 and 12v versions and the 9.6 is been beat to hell and back and still works awesome. battery life is dieing a bit but hell its probably 6-7years old and used everyday. my 12v stays at home and gets used far less. when the 9.6 dies ill bring the 12v in and start beating that one up. The thing I like about the 9.6 is the size is smaller and lighter then the 12v version making getting into tight places a tad easier

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah for being a made in china tool they hold up well. I have both the 9.6 and 12v versions and the 9.6 is been beat to hell and back and still works awesome. battery life is dieing a bit but hell its probably 6-7years old and used everyday. my 12v stays at home and gets used far less. when the 9.6 dies ill bring the 12v in and start beating that one up. The thing I like about the 9.6 is the size is smaller and lighter then the 12v version making getting into tight places a tad easier
If you need to get in to tight spaces the 18v LXT impacts are 5 3/4" from back to sleeve I think your 9.6 is 6 5/8"

the teal and black 18v puts out around 111ft/lbs or 1330 in/lbs torque and 3200bpm
the white with the smaller bat. puts out 106 ft/lbs or 1280 in/lbs and the same bpm

9.6v: 50ft/lbs. 608in/lbs. 2800bpm

12v: 92.5ft/lbs. 1110in/lbs 3200bpm

they also have a 10.8v lion that looks really small that puts out 800in/lbs of torque with a two speed with a max of 3000bpm but it has a really small battery

what power tool is still made and assembled in the USA I have craftsman, dewalt, makita and black & decker all made in china

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would also like to know what power tool is still assembled in the USA. I should be picking one up here very soon. So what's the warranty on the Makita impact kit? If you don't mind answering, how much you pay for the Makita kit?

·
Registered
203 Posts
i would recommend RIDGID tools. i have been a service tech in the field for almost 10 years and use cordless tools every day. i think that milwaukee and ridgid are the best, but i get ridgid because they have a LIFETIME warranty, even on the batteries. and yes they do actually follow through, i have had some batteries replaced and a broken impact gun serviced for free. you cant beat that :cool:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would also like to know what power tool is still assembled in the USA. I should be picking one up here very soon. So what's the warranty on the Makita impact kit? If you don't mind answering, how much you pay for the Makita kit?
3YEAR TOOLS 1YEAR ON BATTERIES

spent about 350 after taxes on the hammer drill and impact set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts