TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from Blue Lagoon where we had a blast. The air was cold (around 50 degrees) but the water was a nice 68 degrees. Lets just say that it was interesting getting out after we'd warmed up to the water temperature. Anyway, everyone pretty much did at least 1 dive (Brad had 2 dives). Even though Steve hadn't gone diving in 10 years, he did very well. Lindsay had some regulator problems on his first dive but fixed it up for his second dive. We camped overnight and left this morning.

Anyway, here are the pics...

SCUBA Steve getting in:

Lindsay, Brad, and Steve:

Me and Brad:

Brad and Steve:

Me!:

SCUBA Steve!:

Lindsay, Steve, Brad, and Mr. Squirrel...(note: Lindsay is showing the dive signal for uh....humm....not sure if that's in the book...)

Lindsay and Mr. Squirell:

SCUBA Steve again!:

Lindsay:

Looking for treasure:

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
those look awesome, man I wish I could have gone with yous guys, maybe next time I will be off work when yall go.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those look awesome, man I wish I could have gone with yous guys, maybe next time I will be off work when yall go.
We are planning to go again in the summer time. Just let us know what dates will work for you when the time comes around.

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
yes sir, I will be on the watch for the next trip.

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
that looks like alot of fun! did everyone have their own equipment or rented?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
silly ?? how come I can't see the pics on harold's post? I wish I could have gone to just hang out at least. Maybe next time.
If the pics are on Harold's website, I'm block from it with websense here at work.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
A few more pics....

I also went there saturday for a couple of hours. Then came back to Houston 'cause i had another commitments for the evening.

Anyways, the place is very, very nice. Got to meet people from the club i hadn't met before. Here some more pics of the place for those who couldn't make it:

My favorite one: Steve staying warm with a real cuban. At least that's what he said:D

Camp site with a nice Tundra in front of it:D

Ben

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that looks like alot of fun! did everyone have their own equipment or rented?
I rented mine. It was $60 for the tank, BC, and regulator. They didn't rent masks or fins so I picked up some fairly cheap.

Can you snorkel or free dive there? How is the water so clear?
The water was somewhat clear. Visability was around 15-20 feet if I had to guess. It would have been clearer if we hadn't had some of the recent rain.

silly ?? how come I can't see the pics on harold's post? I wish I could have gone to just hang out at least. Maybe next time.
If the pics are on Harold's website, I'm block from it with websense here at work.
Yea, the pics are on my website.

Nice pics, Ben!

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
another trip will be planned in short order. With the baby due in mid July I have to get all of my fun trips out of the way for a while. Blue lagoon is a truly awesome place to go especially since it is so close for everyone. Less than 2.5 hours for Brad and I. And you cant beat 30 bucks for 2 days of diving and camping. Sunday when we left the water was much clearer. Looked like drinking water. How does the middle of next month look for everyone?Maybe the 19th (weekend after mothers day) the following weekend would be Memorial Day so that is a no-go due to the amount of people we would be there with. Just an idea if anyone is interested

·
Registered
81 Posts
Awesome pictures. Looks like a fun trip.

·
Registered
46 Posts
great pics

padi IDC INstructor ( retired )

--tmoore I have tanks with stale air

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
the 19th I am getting suckerd into helping my sister move.....maybe I can get out of it. I would probably be able to get up there Sunday though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts