·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any pics of a pillar gauges in 2001+ tacomas? please post

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
do you want a picture of it installed or just the pod? i have one lying in my garage

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I couldn't find the pic
I am trying to sell mine and want to know what you paid for yours?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
$20 i think...brand new

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
mangelo said:
any pics of a pillar gauges in 2001+ tacomas? please post
I wish i went with the apillar setup vs going with what i did. I did mine were the factory radio used to be. I bought a aftermarket radio and above that is were i installed my three autometer gauges. It took alot of measureing to get my panel right but i got it in. I dont have any pics but i found some pics from another member and i went with those. Your best bet is to go with the apillar set up.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
FYI folks with Oak Interiors who want a closer color match.
You can find spray type shoe dye at shoe repair stores. Nu Finish brand Otter is a very close match to the plastic used for the dash, console etc. Give it a couple of coats and when it's good and dry, overcoat with Krylon brand Matte spray and it will be a little closer as the Nu Finish stuff is glossey. Krylon has two kinds of matte overcoat, get the one that is good for painted surfaces.

·
Registered
984 Posts
FYI: Update on Shoe Dye for Color Matching Oak Trim

Dick Foster said:
FYI folks with Oak Interiors who want a closer color match. ... You can find spray type shoe dye at shoe repair stores. Nu Finish brand Otter is a very close match to the plastic used for the dash, console etc. ...
FYI: A product info correction / update... As near as I can tell, the product referenced here is 'Nu Life' spray dye (made by Meltonian). It's intended for shoes, but apparently works on vinyl, plastic, etc., as well. More info - including online sources and a Meltonian color chart for reference - is available over at CustomTacos in this thread:

http://www.customtacos.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=479733

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yes, it appears that Meltonian bought out Nu-Life. I got anther can the other day and the label had changed. Now is says Meltonian in big type but the small type says Nu-Life. It's the same stuff though because it matched the other stuff to a T.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Where did you purchase your pillar pod from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts