TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wondering if anyone has pictures of fabricated bumpers around their stock bumpers?? i want to put something on the front and back, but dont want to take stock bumpers off?? how do you think it would look?? thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
schcott said:
hey i was just wondering if anyone has pictures of fabricated bumpers around their stock bumpers?? i want to put something on the front and back, but dont want to take stock bumpers off?? how do you think it would look?? thx
Not sure about the front, but the back would be ugly no matter what you did. Why build a bumper around a bumper? Isn't that kind of pointless?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tenntaco said:
Not sure about the front, but the back would be ugly no matter what you did. Why build a bumper around a bumper? Isn't that kind of pointless?
i know it sounds dumb..i dont know how good my truck would look, considering i dont have a lift or anything *altho Donahoes will be coming* i want to give it a little different look...let me add, im thinking more of just a lightbar, but would give a little more protection than just the stock bumper..it wouldnt have a winch or anything...u know what i mean?? but like i said, if you think it would look stupid, let me know..thx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,934 Posts
Your approach and departure angles would suck ass. The factory stuff is junk anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
I know what you're talking about with the light bar. Not my style, but at least it serves a purpose. I can't imagine anyway to build a functional (or decent looking) bumper around you're existing stock rear bumper. Like Dick said, that stuff is garbage. Get rid of it as soon as you can;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
tenntaco said:
I know what you're talking about with the light bar. Not my style, but at least it serves a purpose. I can't imagine anyway to build a functional (or decent looking) bumper around you're existing stock rear bumper. Like Dick said, that stuff is garbage. Get rid of it as soon as you can;)
i just got dont fabricating a front bumper around my stock one but i took the bottom vallance part off because thats what takes away your aproach. my truck isnt lifted and it looks sick. i'll take some pictures of it and post them!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
I have a front bumper from Downey that goes in front of the stocker, has 2 light mount tabs & skid plates that run down to the steering rack. I can email you pics. I would take $100 for it if you like it. Send me your email address. I live 30-40 min. from Garden Grove.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
i think we're looking for the same thing. i took these pictures from another members website, but i couldnt find which one. so i'll host it. this is what i'm looking for.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bmw678 said:
i just got dont fabricating a front bumper around my stock one but i took the bottom vallance part off because thats what takes away your aproach. my truck isnt lifted and it looks sick. i'll take some pictures of it and post them!!!
alright, that would be sweet...another question, so what exactly is the approad angle?? *sry for the newb question*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
roctaco said:
I have a front bumper from Downey that goes in front of the stocker, has 2 light mount tabs & skid plates that run down to the steering rack. I can email you pics. I would take $100 for it if you like it. Send me your email address. I live 30-40 min. from Garden Grove.
sent you a pm
 

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
schcott said:
hey i was just wondering if anyone has pictures of fabricated bumpers around their stock bumpers?? i want to put something on the front and back, but dont want to take stock bumpers off?? how do you think it would look?? thx
I have my front bumper built around my factory bumper.... My factory bumper is trimmed slightly but I think that it looks really good.... ohh and if you have a two inch body lift, it could be for sale, both the fabricated bumper and the trimmed factory one.... for pictures of mine and a few others check out the pictures at www.cbioffroadfab.com He has built a few bumpers around the factory bumpers on tacomas, but only on the front....

My truck is the white one with the big stinger and 35's, the other white one with the smaller stinger and 33's is a guy from the Utah chapter also. Ohh the easiest way to tell them apart if you need is mine is the one with the big TRD on the hood and gunmetal wheels and his has polished wheels.... My bumper also has a 2" receiver built into it that is behind the lisense plate....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
i'm pretty sure the approach angle is the amount of space infront of your truck to be able to crawl over stuff. like if you took your front bumpter off you front tire would be a lot more exposed to be able to go over someing otherwise the rock or what ever would hit your front vallance or bumper.

hope that explained that good!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
schcott said:
alright, that would be sweet...another question, so what exactly is the approad angle?? *sry for the newb question*
Basically, looking at your truck from the side, draw a tangent line from your front tire to the bottom of your bumper. The angle that line makes with horizontal is your approach angle. Bigger angle, better approach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
schcott said:
hey i was just wondering if anyone has pictures of fabricated bumpers around their stock bumpers?? i want to put something on the front and back, but dont want to take stock bumpers off?? how do you think it would look?? thx
Waag makes a rear bumper protector as well as a brush guard. Pretty cool looking, but impractical for my use. I used to have a Waag brushguard and they are very nice. Strong, good looking, and great fit. Check them out to see if it's what you want www.waag.com .But like the other guy's said, it reduces aproach angle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
schcott said:
i know it sounds dumb..i dont know how good my truck would look, considering i dont have a lift or anything *altho Donahoes will be coming* i want to give it a little different look...let me add, im thinking more of just a lightbar, but would give a little more protection than just the stock bumper..it wouldnt have a winch or anything...u know what i mean?? but like i said, if you think it would look stupid, let me know..thx
I PM'es you. I'll be around all weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
roctaco said:
Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but what's a "pm"?
Private message. Click on the persons' name, and a list of options comes up. PM's can keep the crap down on a thread, or you can send other info... address, phone#, prices... just like email. So, I'll PM you, and you can see the message. Look up in the right side of your forum bar??/ tool bar when you are in a section. It will read 0.....50 private messages. Don't feel bad, lots of us still don't understand half of the stuff we can use on this board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
22RToy said:
Basically, looking at your truck from the side, draw a tangent line from your front tire to the bottom of your bumper. The angle that line makes with horizontal is your approach angle. Bigger angle, better approach.
aww, thx...and everyone else to...nice truck mr.trd...im not looking to psend that much money, im saving up for Donahoes..thx for the links tho...
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top