TTORA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright - this thread got me thinking - we all know it boosts are egos - so does anyone have pictures of their, or someone elses taco pulling another bigger rig out in a recovery situation?

c'mon my friend trashes tacomas every day (he drives a dumb ass land rover Defender) I need some pics to shove in his face! :xdevil:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
No pics. But over this last winter I pulled out a K5, A 2wd 1500 up a muddy hill, 2 or 3 tacomas, and attempted to get a Excursion unstuck, needles to say even with my truck, a surburban and a f150 we could only budge it. I don't have any pics on the site yet but I can try and remember to get them up.

Pulling out bigger rigs than something the size of a taco is pretty hard on the truck. Hell even yanking a tacoma out is not the easiest thing on the drivetrain.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
This was at my home in Alaska:

We have a guy that plows our driveway in really big snow storms. He drives a 3/4-ton early 80s Chevy with a flatbed/sand-spreader.
In winter '03-'04, he was plowing one night with about two feet of fresh in the driveway. One of the times he was backing up to make another pass, he dropped a wheel off the side of our driveway, which has steep embankments and huge crater at the end of the parking pad.
He was stuck.
I threw him a rope, jumped in the Tacoma, and we got the two trucks tied together.
With a little momentum I yanked him free and he finished clearing the driveway.

I was pretty proud of my little truck after that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
With my old '97 reg cab 2.7 w/ 3" lift, I pulled out 3 fullsize Chevy trucks (what is it with Chevy's and getting stuck?).

1) Pulled out a full-size Chevy pickup w/ 33's that had gotten stuck in one of the mud holes near the Tahoe side of the Rubicon Trail

2) Pulled out a Full-size K5 Blazer on 39" Super Swampers from a mudhole where it had gotten highcentered on a huge submerged rock. This one took a lot of work.

3) Pulled out a full-size Chevy pickup from a snowbank it had slid off the road into.

With each recovery, they thought that there was no way my little 4 banger Toyota could pull out their huge trucks, and each time I just hooked up a strap to the front tow hook and pulled in 4Lo in reverse. A few of them took a bunch of work but it did it. The key is to have a strap with a lot of give so that you can get some good force pulling the truck out without risking damage to your own truck. Also, good tires are a must when you are pulling out a much heavier vehicle than your own. I only had 31x10.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers, but they bit hard and did very well with all the weight of the front of the truck in reverse.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yet another stupid post bashing other vehicles which you will probably one day have to depend on to extract you from some unfortunate situation. Trying to argue that a tacoma is the ultimate extraction vehicle is like trying to argue that the sky is falling. If you believe it, your an idiot. :banghead:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tenntaco said:
Yet another stupid post bashing other vehicles which you will probably one day have to depend on to extract you from some unfortunate situation. Trying to argue that a tacoma is the ultimate extraction vehicle is like trying to argue that the sky is falling. If you believe it, your an idiot. :banghead:
Dude WTF- who the hell is suggesting a tacoma is the ultimate extraction vehicle?

Its just sometimes nice to see what are trucks are capable of dammit...

·
Registered
72 Posts
tenntaco said:
LOL! I love it when people over the internet try to put words in other people's mouths.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a four wheeling group that now consists mostly of Jeeps, but myself and my boyfriend have toyotas. Well we are always arguing which can out do the other. I have pics at home of my boyfriends stock '02 Tundra pulling up a Jeep wrangler up Sherman Pass jeep trail in CA. That was great bragging rights for a long time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
NO pics of this one sorry... but it's awesome....

This was with my much underpowered 1980 Hilux 4x4 pickup. Threw it into 4wheel drive and pulled a stuck forklift out!!! It was great... I felt special that day (don't ask how the fork lift got stuck... and yes, maybe one of my stupid friends was trying to "off-road" with a forklift! :laugh:)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've got some pics of a fullsize Chevy recovering my Tacoma! (if you look at them backward it looks like I'm dragging him into a pond :D )

·
Registered
436 Posts
i attempted to pull a dump truck out, then used my winch and a come-a-long with a 6 ft. pry bar and still couldnt budge it, had to call a wrecker and it made the wrecker pack both front wheels but finally got it. :D it was stuck worse than it looked...
i also pulled a newer cheby ext cab with a lil lift and 35's off a high center which i devilishly suckered him into. :xdevil: no tires where touching the ground and pulled him off with great ease. thats what he gets for talkin smack and trying to follow my short reg. cab over steep humps. :p

·
Registered
110 Posts
tenntaco said:

Sorry bro, that's not the point to this thread. The point of this thread is tell everybody about there exp. pulling out different vehicles so u should pull your head our of your ass..

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
JaresTaco said:
Sorry bro, that's not the point to this thread. The point of this thread is tell everybody about there exp. pulling out different vehicles so u should pull your head our of your ass..
First off, I'm not your "bro".

Secondly, to clarify: When I originally posted in this thread (over a month ago) it looked just like the threads on the delphi board where people started spouting off about pulling out stuck full size vehicles. That's just a pathetic way for somebody with a small pecker to get their rocks off IMO.

Since I didn't remember this thread even existed, how about you go back to talking about whatever it is you're talking about, and I'll go back to doing whatever the hell it was I was doing before I decided to waste my time typing this pointless message. :D

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,559 Posts
Andrew123654 said:
"Not to be outdone, Hardtaco is bringing up the rear. (Hardtaco is codeword for cocksucker) "

Where can I find more of this?
Do you really need to be trying to find ways for people to flame you? Read what he said in his post and let this thread die:

Since I didn't remember this thread even existed, how about you go back to talking about whatever it is you're talking about, and I'll go back to doing whatever the hell it was I was doing before I decided to waste my time typing this pointless message.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts