TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running limit straps in the front, and could you post pics of your setup? I am thinking that I should have some. (Spacer lift) I do some offroading at the sand dunes in Michigan, and in case the front end gets off the ground, I would like a little cv insurance.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
scoot33 said:
Is anyone running limit straps in the front, and could you post pics of your setup? I am thinking that I should have some. (Spacer lift) I do some offroading at the sand dunes in Michigan, and in case the front end gets off the ground, I would like a little cv insurance.
its not your cvs that will have an issue they have a decent amount of travel left in them after your other compnents stop, but yes they can also be hyper extended to where the tripod comes out of the diff side. With a spacer lift (depending on type) you can hyper extend the shock and maybe the coil? You can also snap a upper ball joint by hyperextending. the inner tie rod can also only go so far, but again it has some travel left in. You can put your limit straps on the sway bar mount on your lca and then weld a tab on to the frame/subframe.

hope this helped.

·
Registered
230 Posts
scoot33 said:
Check this site out: http://fastq.com/~sschaefer/#frontstraps
Cheers,
P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts