TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VIDEO & Pics of My Jardine Cat Back Install

So I installed my blowout-priced Doug Thorley / Jardine cat back #89209 on my '03 DC V6 last night. I had the same system on my 01 Ex Cab V6, but I must have forgotten just how HUGE the muffler was on this thing. The muffler is 5 x 8 x 24! Yes, twenty-four inches long!

Anyway, I love the way it sounds. Let me say that again. I LOVE the way it sounds. It is just right. It is never raspy and it is very low toned. And it roars at WOT.

Pictures and video link are here:
http://jconti.net/Tacoma/jardine/Jardine.html

I'll eventually weld the system up, but for now it is holding good. I will really try to get the video up on this by the end of the week.

-Jeff

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
High resolution pictures are generally large. That's why I posted links to the pictures. I did compress them down from their original 2MB size. Usually, if you're using IE, it will auto resize them for you. Sorry if you aren't using IE or a browser that doesn't resize your pictures for you.

But thanks anyway I guess.

·
Registered
741 Posts
im liking the first picture the best, the box :D , but thats a nice looking muff:p , nice install too. is it any louder or deeper?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it any louder or deeper?
It is not too much louder at idle. It is deeper. Normal acceleration is a nice performance type sound. WOT is very aggressive sounding. I'll try to capture all of that in the video I make. We're trying to prepare for my little girl's first birthday party at the house in two days, so I'm going to have to sneak to make the video before then or my wife would think I am nuts.

-Jeff

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sounds much like the TRD did on my 99' when I first installed it about 8 years ago. The TRD muffler rusted out and I repaced it with a dumped magnaflow about 3 years ago. It has a lot more bark and sits off car alarms but it can get annoying on long trips.

Seeing you got WOT reminds me of how slow my truck used to be. :D Put a supercharger on that truck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seeing you got WOT reminds me of how slow my truck used to be. :D Put a supercharger on that truck.
I would supercharge, but I can't spend $2500 or more on something that is going to keep costing me more money by lowering my MPGs and forcing me to use more expensive premium fuel. Otherwise, I'd have already ordered the charger and 7th injector!

All in all, I am satisfied with the stock power output. I went from an 01 Tacoma V6 to a '96 Hardbody 4 cyl for about three years! Man that Nissan had ZERO power! I had my foot in to all of the time. So, now being back in another V6 Tacoma, it feels a lot better.

As for the exhaust, this is exactly what I was looking for, something not too loud, especially for long trips and such. There’s nothing more annoying than a constant drone from behind you for hours at a time. And this system does not do that at all. I think it is just right when it comes to sound (tone and volume).

-Jeff

·
Registered
773 Posts
I hear you.. I would've never put the charger on my truck if I knew gas was going to cost over $3.00 a gallon. I'm not going to take it off either though.:D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Nice looking product! hey if you're the J in JConti, are you still making the ext. cab sub boxes?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice looking product! hey if you're the J in JConti, are you still making the ext. cab sub boxes?
We quit making them but have two left, an 8 and a 10. I don't remember what color they are (I think the 8 is oak and 10 is grey). Sales just really slowed down on them. I just took the site down two days ago. If you want one of the ones that are left, let me know. I'd be happy to sell them pretty cheap. Send me a PM if you're interested.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
pm sent thanks.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Did you have to do any trimming of the head pipe prior to the install? I'm guessing not since you're a double cab. Would you happen to know if this would need to be done on a regular cab? Nice video and install by the way! :kewl:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you have to do any trimming of the head pipe prior to the install? I'm guessing not since you're a double cab. Would you happen to know if this would need to be done on a regular cab? Nice video and install by the way! :kewl:
I didn't have to trim anything. I think you do have to trim the pipe on a regular cab. If you have a sawzall, it sould be pretty easy. You might call Jardine and ask them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts