TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In az out behind lake pleasant on table mesa road after a pretty good rain, well it was softer then it looked lol! we got stuck at around 8pm, got my truck out at about 4am, worst night ever. My dad yanked on my for about 3 good hours before the truck started to move, a pathfinder, a bronco and chevy 1500 couldnt move me. My dads truck is the F350 shown, has the 6.0L diesle and full exhaust 4" down pipe, and power programmer, thing dynoed 650hp and 900lbs of tourque. Has some other things intake and so on, things a beast, i need a winch!

The mud started turning into soup i was knee deep in it for hours, shovling and swimming! My passanger side door had a dent, but was able to be pushed out, the wheels were all screwed up, like sand paper on a dremmel. It took 2 weeks to get all the mud out from underneeth, car wash did no good, had to lay under with hose, and my hand and pull the clay like shit out, took for ever, man my trash can was full of mud. Right rear drum was so clogged, had to dissasemble it and clean it, along with front right wheel. Fender flares were all scratched up. As i was pulled out it built like a wall of mud behind me, kep getting bigger and bigger as i was pulled out from the axle and shit burried in the mud.

That trip destroyed my rear mudflaps, they were ripped in half, and the mount all bend up inside my wheel well lol, i could only do about 40mph all the way home the truck shook so much from the mud. the mud got as high as the tacoma decal on the front right fender, almost touch the mirror at the end omg. Have some video, but its kind of big, i might try to get it on here.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea, it was pretty bad.................That shit would dry either, it stayed wet for a few days in the trash can, it was some nasty sticky shit. sorry the first pics are so big, i have some others that are good, maybe i will post them later. I seriously thought i was goin to have to sleep in it that night, no way i was leaving it there alone. I had my pistol with me if i had to sleep in it, no way i was goin to let someone destroy my truck.

A funny story that happend there, these guys in the silverado that was trying to pull me out, they were kinda nuts, i was weary of them trying to pull me out, but i said the hell with it, he tried to get a running start, and the strap fell off his ball on his hithc, and he floored it and just kept on goin into the darkness, and disapeared into a buch of bushes and what ever else he ran into, it was so hilarious.

Any one from Phoenix arizona, we are goin to go on a little trail run tommorrow morning, probably the back way to Crown King, or the Wagoner route, if you want to join let me know, i have msn on all the time, of if you want to go do some wheeling, i am usually game as long as the wifey is ok with it lol.

Or shit gimme a call on my cell. Jay 602-695-5702

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Jay04Taco said:
he tried to get a running start, and the strap fell off his ball on his hithc, and he floored it and just kept on goin into the darkness, and disapeared into a buch of bushes and what ever else he ran into, it was so hilarious.
That sounds like a really safe way to get unstuck. :rolleyes:

Later,
....Mike

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
If i were you i change out your driveline fluids. Since you were stuck for awhile its possible that water/mud could of got in there. Glad you made it out safe.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pumpkin was never under any mud or water, just sitting on top of it, tranny and transfer case were never under either, just that passanger side was all sunk in, but nothing ever really got submerged in anything, i checkd diff it looked fine!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man someone called me on saturday, i didnt get the vm till this morning, sorry man, think he said his name was Derrick...................We got hung up workin on my friends Pathfinder for a while out on the road, didnt get started till 1pm. let me know if you go again, would like to go with you guys!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Good Job!

damn, that's probably 1 of the worst stucks I've seen in a while, well at least since HS when all my stupid ass friend got stuck left and right!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your gonna get stuck might as well do it good! lol!

I was so nerved up, i seriously thought we would never get it out, no place to really hook up close to my truck, my dads truck was to heavy, started to sink when ever he got close to me, he was about 75' away, thank god the strap held, we went through about 4 straps, and the last one held up just long enough, whew!

Need a winch, will be getting one asap, need a bumper first, would of made it so much easier!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Damn! That is one hell of a stuck. Definately gets my vote for stuck of the month. Glad you got out ok and with minimal damage to the Taco. I have been stuck pretty bad like that before. I had mud and water up to the door sills on both sides of my truck. The mud was like clay. Trompping around in it was nearly impossible. Took my buddies Wrangler (front and rear locked) and my buddies 98 Tahoe to pull me out.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yea, i got some more pics, and a vid i will try to get up for ya to see.

I have another of me dragging this jeep up the Back way to Crown King for about a half a mile, he blew out his spider gear in the rear, tried to go the rest of the way on the front drive, and got stuck in some rocks, and then the jeep wouldnt start, so i drug him over the rocks and up the hill dead weight, i was so proud of my little taco. Smoked the 33" mudders lol, funny!

I just kept the mud flaps off, i didnt like em anyway. LOL!

Damn, you guys went the back way on Sat. Shit i was up there Sat. we went up the fron though, i took my daughter up to play in the snow....They got a pretty good amount of snow, but it was warm and it was melting fast. Made for some good mud though up the front!

·
Registered
54 Posts
dang, that is one good stucking. i have been there a couple times and they are never fun!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
22 Participants
Intrepid
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing