TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I love the look of black alloy/steel wheels on our Tacomas. I know of a couple members here that have painted their stock wheels black. Just wondering if any of you could post photos of this so I can see if I'm into that look.

Thanks in advance,

Beave

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I did some '03 alloys with black Krylon paint and they came out pretty nice.

Unfortunately, my photo hosting site is down, otherwise I would post a picture.

I can email some pictures if you would like.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be awesome. I emailed you w/ my address.

Thanks,

Beave

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, sorry I didn't catch you had a link in your sig. Thanks for reposting! Nice ride man!!! That thing is su-weet!

Beave

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Emailed you. I included a picture of my current wheels to give you another look that is really slick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
AK98Taco said:
I did some '03 alloys with black Krylon paint and they came out pretty nice.

Unfortunately, my photo hosting site is down, otherwise I would post a picture.

I can email some pictures if you would like.
I can host the pics for you, I would like to see them as well. :)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
that's definately a different look. I think it might look better if you bought some black lugs. Are those available?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Just lightly sanded them and shot em'..The Hammerite Rust Oleum paint gives a textured finish, so it hides most all imperfections and is very easy to touch up..

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Sure...you can buy black lug nuts..Hell I could paint the ones I have for that matter..

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
It's a rattle can..Rust Oleum Hammerite..Comes in several colors and should be available at most home improvement stores..ie. Home Depot and the like..

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
xcmountain80 said:
Right on Ill get some tomorrow and paint my gay allows up sweeeeet.

Aaron
Where did you mount the second battery in your 95'?

·
Registered
713 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
Where did you mount the second battery in your 95'?
I know this wont help but the rear bumper I have had a spot where the winch was so I mounted my 2nd battery there but took it out so I can re-fab the housing.

Aaron

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tacocrazy, how much lift do you run? Is it a combo of susp and body? Sweet truck. I have the same truck (unmodified) Like the color.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Approx 3" total, all suspension..OME 881 with 3/4" spacer in the coil pack, N-91s shocks..Stock rear leaf pack with a Deaver progressive 3-leaf AAL, a 1.25" Daystar greasable shackle and Bilstein 5100's..No sway bar..Flexes very well and rides extremely well..The best combo I've run yet..Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did a little photoshop work on mine.....

Original:

Painted:

Still debating if I wanna do em or not, but leaning more towards I want to! Gonna hit it w/ 2 coats of Duplicolor wheel paint, and then 2 coats of Rustolium Hammered (Hammerite).

1 - 20 of 95 Posts