TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the family's annual road-trip. This year we went thru Zion, Bryce, over to Moab for Arches, Dead Horse SP, and Canyonlands, down thru Navajo country to reach Grand Canyon, then south to Sedona, Prescott, and on home. Took 9 days and 2000 miles. I'm already intching for the next one. Enjoy these tasters - there's too many to post.
Delicate Arch in Arches NP

Tusayan Kiva in Grand Canyon NP

Sedona Overview

Tusigoot Ruins west of Sedona

Balanced Rock and Parade of ELephants in Arches NP. La Sal Mtns in backround

The Windows - Arches NP

Park Avenue Hike - Arches NP

Long Canyon - Canyonlands NP

One of my fur people - Kenai

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some more...........
This is the other one - Jack (sharpei/lab)

Muley Point Overlook - Gooseneck SP

Grand Canyon NP

Long Canyon - Canyonlands NP

Dead Hose SP

Potash Trail - Canyonlands NP

Zion NP

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
me and a friend did the same trip 2 yrs ago, plus roswell and route 66 it was awsome. great pics.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
I did pretty close to the same trip 2 years ago, and did The Maze like 7 months ago, VERY COOL wheelin around teapot rock. Moab is awesome, when it`s not crowded. And the campground at arches is incredible...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was just the overview trip to see just what to concentrate on next time. THing is - it's all awesome and one could spend a week in each spot and still need more time. Looking forward to having my son able to make the longer hikes (3-5mi). That'll open up even more doors. It's easy to see why so many people come from around the world to see the natural wonders that lie just in our backyard. Freakin' killer!!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Some of the other Socal guys on here and I are lookin to start some long expedition style trips eventually, those pictures seem like it would definately be worth it. Great homebuilt trailer?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CYi5 said:
Some of the other Socal guys on here and I are lookin to start some long expedition style trips eventually, those pictures seem like it would definately be worth it. Great homebuilt trailer?
I'm down for that. That trailer makes it all possible for long escapes. How about a Mex. adventure (Fishing/Surfing)?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Those pics are great!! Would love to be able to make a trip like that...Just hard finding the time and other vehicles to join in...Man that sure beats the Florida heat... :mad:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
freejake3 said:
I'm down for that. That trailer makes it all possible for long escapes. How about a Mex. adventure (Fishing/Surfing)?
Maybe start out in the Death Valley/AZ areas, we need some starter runs first, we're just newbs beyond weekend campouts :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sounds like a plan to me. Maybe in early spring when the weather's not so horrid.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks like a really Nice area!! Awesome pics!

·
Registered
119 Posts
When were you there??! Your rig looks familiar - the trailer that is. I saw you on the hwy around Moab - or someone with a similar trailer. I was there the week of Thanksgiving. Spent time in Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce and Zion national parks. We spent 2 days on the White Rim trail camping and exploring.

Kent

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was there the same week. Mon and Tues to be specific. Wish I would have known - we could have run Fins and Things. Next time . . .

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well shoot! I actually got married Monday afternoon at delicate arch. There were a couple of Tacomas in the parking lot but not yours at the time we were there. Tuesday morning we took off on the White Rim and camped about 2/3 of the way in that night. Had a great time out there as always!

Kent

1 - 20 of 22 Posts