22 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts

Reactions: SafetyDang

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've been taking my mostly stock truck up to some of the lakes in the Lander WY area. It's got rear air helper springs and a traction bar because I get stupid towing trailers, but I'm not sure those help much in the rocks. 235/85 tires, open diffs front & rear. Original 215k mile drivetrain except for a couple rear U joints and a carrier bearing. I drive within its limits, it needs to get me 2200 miles home so I can't beat it too hard. But it does pretty good if I pick the right line and use a little momentum. The front lower control arm mount tabs on the frame take a beating on these trails, as does the transmission crossmember. I try to drag it across the rocks gently!

I went in to Christina lake at night, didn't take many pics.

Took about 3 hours going in, no body damage. Nice lake, and there was still a bunch of snow on the other side.

Hiked up to Atlantic lake, then headed back. Trail looked scarier in the daylight than it did by headlights.

Another 3 hours back out, stopped on the way to help a guy on a big KTM adventure bike get turned around because the trail was going beyond his comfort zone.

Shifted the lower control arm cam bolts and blew out a failing rack bushing, but no critical damage on the trip. There's a clunk I still need to track down.

Went up to Pete's Lake

There's a couple rough spots, but most of it is easy slow going.

That was 3.5 hours each way.

Here's a pic from 2009 when I took my parents to the top of Cyclone Pass on the Shoshone Lake rd in the same truck. I've owned this truck for just a bit over a decade now.

I've been up the shoshone lake road 4 times, but haven't dared to drop down the other side of the pass to the lake. I always wheel alone, so I don't want to get stuck where I can't self-recover. From hiking down to the lake, I'd say a locker and good tires minimum would be needed, neither of which I have.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Here are some of the latest pix of my truck with 544,000 miles.
20170611_121651.jpg
Taco Boulders Bridgeport.jpg
Tacoflex.jpg

·
Registered
2003 dbl cab with some go fast stuff
161 Posts
Glad to see the forum is still alive. My 6 year build after rolling old truck is finally getting close so I’m trolling the forums again lol.

here some pics
458D59B2-F69A-456F-840A-AEBA4BDFE25A.png

79D2784A-C6A0-4A59-93B2-279DC04D1712.png

Reactions: ShowStop
7001 - 7020 of 7020 Posts