TTORA Forum banner

7001 - 7014 of 7014 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I realize this is an old post but does anyone know what headlamp moldings and projectors those are?
Most buy from the retro fit source or store? Not sure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've been taking my mostly stock truck up to some of the lakes in the Lander WY area. It's got rear air helper springs and a traction bar because I get stupid towing trailers, but I'm not sure those help much in the rocks. 235/85 tires, open diffs front & rear. Original 215k mile drivetrain except for a couple rear U joints and a carrier bearing. I drive within its limits, it needs to get me 2200 miles home so I can't beat it too hard. But it does pretty good if I pick the right line and use a little momentum. The front lower control arm mount tabs on the frame take a beating on these trails, as does the transmission crossmember. I try to drag it across the rocks gently!

I went in to Christina lake at night, didn't take many pics.

Took about 3 hours going in, no body damage. Nice lake, and there was still a bunch of snow on the other side.

Hiked up to Atlantic lake, then headed back. Trail looked scarier in the daylight than it did by headlights.

Another 3 hours back out, stopped on the way to help a guy on a big KTM adventure bike get turned around because the trail was going beyond his comfort zone.

Shifted the lower control arm cam bolts and blew out a failing rack bushing, but no critical damage on the trip. There's a clunk I still need to track down.

Went up to Pete's Lake

There's a couple rough spots, but most of it is easy slow going.

That was 3.5 hours each way.

Here's a pic from 2009 when I took my parents to the top of Cyclone Pass on the Shoshone Lake rd in the same truck. I've owned this truck for just a bit over a decade now.

I've been up the shoshone lake road 4 times, but haven't dared to drop down the other side of the pass to the lake. I always wheel alone, so I don't want to get stuck where I can't self-recover. From hiking down to the lake, I'd say a locker and good tires minimum would be needed, neither of which I have.

7001 - 7014 of 7014 Posts